slcooper

Off Student Status

I'm officially off student status, 6 more jumps to my A license. Jumping out of the plane on my graduation jump was an amazing feeling! I did a cannon ball exit, bellied out, admired the view, couple of barrel rolls, flips, basically did whatever I wanted to do :)
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

Now how does that work? When you are off Student status and you've finished your AFF but have some jumps left to get to your 25 for your A License, do you still have to jump with a coach, or are you just allowed to fun jump on your own until you've required the amount of jumps?

Oh, I haven't started AFF yet, but I was just curious.
Ground School is actually this weekend.

I have a log book, and have gotten my three tandems logged, I assume i'll be getting this card during school. I know there's a few things that you have to do to fulfill the A license, like packing your chute once and etc... I assume this is on the same card?

Welcome to the forums! :)

I had the priviledge of jumping with one of my instructors for the 19th jump. We docked and did a little RW work, 8 or 9 points. It was a blast!
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

Now how does that work? When you are off Student status and you've finished your AFF but have some jumps left to get to your 25 for your A License, do you still have to jump with a coach, or are you just allowed to fun jump on your own until you've required the amount of jumps?

You can jump alone or with anyone with a D license. Best part is you don't have to wear that stinky, hot jumpsuit, and no radio. A coach has to sign off on your logbook for the jump, and also the A license checklist if you haven't met all of the requirements yet.

Here's a link to the USPA site where you can take a look at the proficiency card and what you'll need to learn before getting your A license.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

You also may want to check out Skymama's link.

It shows the 2-page card.
Note that all the items need Instructor signature...not Coach.

There is also a 4-page card that allows Coaches to sign a very limited number of line items.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239