AviationTD

Going insane....

Up to this point, I was able to save enough money to do about 4 jumps. I doubt that I will be able to earn my A license before the season ends. Should I proceed to jump few times before the season ends or slap myself B|:S and tell myself to hang in there until next season (which I will have full funding to earn A)?

Depends where you are located , how long the season is and how big a hole your bank account can stand.

The sky is going no where ... It can wait , if you can.

BUT this Nylon crack addiction does get under ones skin.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Up to this point, I was able to save enough money to do about 4 jumps. I doubt that I will be able to earn my A license before the season ends. Should I proceed to jump few times before the season ends or slap myself B|:S and tell myself to hang in there until next season (which I will have full funding to earn A)?

Depends. If you take a break over the winter, you will have to get recurrent. Usually that means repeating the last level you completed.
So is having to pay for one extra jump worth getting to jump again before next year?
If course you may have to pay for extra jumps if you need to repeat levels (and a lot of people do).

Check with your instructors and see what they say.

Me? I'd say fuck it and Go Jump!!! Getting recurrent is no big deal, and the sooner you jump (like right now) the sooner you'll get your license.

Even with an "A", you need to get recurrent after a winter off (or jump when its really cold up there);)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

If you live in a place where the dz closes in the winter, I'd say just wait until the Spring if you don't have enough money yet. You'll probably progress faster, and it's a lot more fun, if you can bang out your jumps.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Other things to do;

I see someone suggested "hanging out" at the DZ when you have no money for jumping.

Usually, lots of different personailty-types, and many can be very helpful - - seek those folks out. Watch folks packing chutes, and ask questions. Introduce yourself to the pilot, ask questions. Study all of the printed materials around your DZ, review the overhead photo of the dropzone, and about what the big numbers mean at the end of the tarmac.

Watch all of the videos being played-back on the t.v. by camera-flyers. If you can't afford buying your own copy, the USPA SIM (Skydiver Info Manual) can be downloaded for free from USPA.com: lots, and lots to study. I have found many helpful articles and gear-specs/manuals from manufacturers websites--chutes, containers, AADs--for free download, and lots of articles about safety, turbulence, air-lock versus non-air-lock canopy designs: all Internet free. The dropzone.com Forums are a gigantic/vast resource of information about many aspects of skydiving.

So, lots and lots to do when not jumping.

Blue skies to you!
"You can't overcome weakness by fighting it,
or by thinking your way out of it:
Evolution doesn't work that way . . .
You overcome weakness by leaving it behind you!" ~ Stuart Wilde ~