cstanford1973

On the road to my A license

My husband has been an instructor (AFF and Tandem) for several years at Skydive Greensburg, IN. He tried very hard to get me into the sport 7 years ago. I started the AFF class...did a few jumps...started over thinking it...stopped.

I have now completed my AFF class (Hop & Pop on July 4th)!!!
Since then, he and I have started jumping together. It's a blast! We just made 3 jumps yesterday.

My second jump after coming off AFF was awesome. Landed within 5 feet of the targeted area on my own, off radio.

I can't wait to get in the sky again next weekend!

My husband has been an instructor (AFF and Tandem) for several years at Skydive Greensburg, IN. He tried very hard to get me into the sport 7 years ago. I started the AFF class...did a few jumps...started over thinking it...stopped.

I have now completed my AFF class (Hop & Pop on July 4th)!!!
Since then, he and I have started jumping together. It's a blast! We just made 3 jumps yesterday.

My second jump after coming off AFF was awesome. Landed within 5 feet of the targeted area on my own, off radio.

I can't wait to get in the sky again next weekend!

Welcome! I have jumped out at Greensburg several times... I am sure I have seen you around. Who is your hubby?
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

He jumps as much as he can...sometimes he has as much as 16 tandems to do in a day. We try to squeeze in as many jumps as we can.
This past weekend I got "grounded" after 3 jumps, 3 jumps x 2 people tends to hit the good old pocket book a bit hard, especially when I am still renting gear. :(

Welcome to the forums! And good that you started again!

Fun isn't it to jump with your hubby!! Makes jumps that little bit more :-)

I started jumping 2 years ago, my bf followed 1 year later, and since about a month we are allowed to jump together. (rules here in the netherlands are a bit different than in the us)

THe only problem we have with two jumpers is the same you have experienced.... My bf has his own material since 3 months as well, that is a big relief.
Don't try to live forever, you will not succeed!