rivetgeek

Why I hate Skydive Elsinore

I got there at exactly 11am for my very first tandem jump on July 4th. The staff was totally efficient and helpful and they even had the audacity to SMILE at me!!!

The briefing was thorough yet concise, as was the fitting for the harness and "helmet"*.

The TI I jumped with was knowledgeable and answered all my questions both on the ground and in the air.

We had a textbook jump and even got to play in some thermals under canopy.

After the jump I was made to feel at home and invited to come back to jump or even just party at one of their many events.

So as you can see, Skydive Elsinore has absolutely ruined my life. I can't work, or eat, or sleep, without thinking about my next jump there and frankly my accountant is having a stroke regarding the outlay for my upcoming AFF courses. I will be consulting my attorney to see if there is some sort of legal remedy for this egregious treatment.

If anyone from Skydive Elsinore reads this, I hope you realize you have turned a mild mannered hacker into a freak that jumps out of perfectly good aircraft. I hope you feel suitably ashamed.

Hi, I'm Rivetgeek....and Im a jump-a-holic.

* Ok seriously now, whats with the leather head condom helmets? Is there ANY reason for those being pink other than to make students look ridiculous?
~Bones Knit, blood clots, glory is forever, and chicks dig scars.~

Damn them to hell!!
I think you may have a lawsuit on your hands there!!

Efficeincy should not be tolerated in no way shape or form..They ruined your life man!!

And to smile the whole time they were being so damn good...the nerve of those people!!

Well,welcome!
Keep coming back,it works if you work it, so work it, you're worth it.

Bry:)

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

Welcome to the forums! :)
As for the pink helmets, maybe they do that so people won't steal them or maybe they just got a good deal on them.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Oh man...the Elsinore folks are my peeps...I was all ready to go to action....:D:D:D

As for the soft frap hats, it's really more for the TI than for the student, a soft helmet feels better against the face than does a hard head in the event of a head snapping back for some reason and getting the TI in the face... ;)

Elsinore rocks, get on back there and get your license and get to jumping! You'll have a second home.:)

So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Hi geek,
"Pink!!" did you say "Pink?!!" Yup, they got pink probably because the mfgr couldn't sell them and SDE got a "Good Deal!!" You should complain to "SAPPS!" Skydivers Against Pink And Purple Shit!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Hi geek,
"Pink!!" did you say "Pink?!!" Yup, they got pink probably because the mfgr couldn't sell them and SDE got a "Good Deal!!" You should complain to "SAPPS!" Skydivers Against Pink And Purple Shit!!!!

Whoa..... easy there.... purple is awesome! ;)
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Hi RS,
The whole trip with SAPPS is a funny from a few years ago when flouresent pink, green and other colors were the rage!! Some of the old fart DZ types that liked the bland bounce and blend tans, browns and black got a bit torqued!! Oh well, .. One thing for sure, the "Hi-Viz" colors on rigs, chutes and suits are good for "Collision Avoidance AT 120 mph!!!!" My next suit that I'm working on is Purple, Gold and Green, Mardi Gras colors!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Damn those Elsinore peeps.... sucked in another junky! :ph34r:

Welcome, and yes, Elsinore ROCKS!!!

g

"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Welcome to Elsinore. It's a tough job, but somebody has to suck you in. ;):)
Looking forward to meeting you. Will you be there this weekend? I'll be the girl running around with the hotwings and bottles of water.

Have fun and good luck with your AFF! :)

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

After the jump I was made to feel at home and invited to come back to jump or even just party at one of their many events.

That's weird, I didn't know people still skydived at Elsinore. I thought they just had weekly theme parties where they dressed up as STD's and spread the love. Haha.

That is the reason that I go back there at least twice a year --- I know, such shameful behavior - :D:D:D:D

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I had a similar issue there before Labor Day weekend last year...

I didn't have my logbook so was gonna stay on the ground but noooo... they had to call a DZ back east and confirm I'd jumped recently so was forced to rent gear and make a few skydives with a hottie.

I think the staff was all smiling and nice too. Bastards... :P

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

:o like others, when I first saw the "post title" I was shocked, and drawn immediately to defend the fabulous folks at Lake Elsinore. Then I had a great laugh. Very intertaining Post. Well done.
"You can't overcome weakness by fighting it,
or by thinking your way out of it:
Evolution doesn't work that way . . .
You overcome weakness by leaving it behind you!" ~ Stuart Wilde ~