mellow

posting question

i'm not sure where to ask this question, and it's pretty remedial...i can't figure out how to quote a portion of another person's post in my reply. i know, really silly question- but as you can see, i am really low-tech when it comes to this sort of thing. can anyone help me?? :$ thanks!
Jennifer

don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. and then go do that, because what the world needs is people that come alive.

i'm not sure where to ask this question, and it's pretty remedial...i can't figure out how to quote a portion of another person's post in my reply.

Hit "Quote" not "Reply" then their post will show up in the window. Erase some of it if you want.
But what do I know?

i'm not sure where to ask this question, and it's pretty remedial...i can't figure out how to quote a portion of another person's post in my reply.

Hit "Quote" not "Reply" then their post will show up in the window. Erase some of it if you want.

Or if you only want to quote some of the post. Hit the quote button, then copy and paste in what you want to quote. Then hit the /quote button. Its the same button but it changes to /quote after you hit quote.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Or if you only want to quote some of the post. Hit the quote button, then copy and paste in what you want to quote.

ok. let's see if this worked...
Jennifer

don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. and then go do that, because what the world needs is people that come alive.

*** Then hit the /quote button. Its the same button but it changes to /quote after you hit quote.

another attempt....maybe this worked...
Jennifer

Then hit the /quote button.

i did it! great. thanks guys!

Jennifer

Erase some of it if you want.

I would like to emphasize this. If you're only going to comment on one part of a previous message, then erase the other stuff that's not relevant. That keeps everyone from reading the same stuff twice, and focuses the discussion on what you're talking about.

erase the other stuff that's not relevant

ok. i think i have it now...
Jennifer