kenDo

Required jumps to maintain A Liscence?

I read another post the other day that mentions a requirement to jump every 30 days until you reach your B liscence. I looked on the USPA document about liscencing and it doesn't mention anything about it. I work in the middle east so once I get my A I'll only be able to jump every 4 months on R&Rs for the next year or two at least. Clarification please?

Your A license will still be valid, but you'll need to do recurrency training. There are some more specifics on that in the SIM -- it's worth having a look at. What the recurrency training entails varies a lot from dropzone to dropzone, so you'd need to get in touch with an instructor at the place you want to jump and see what they'll require.

For USPA rules, this is the relevant section of the SIM (§5.2):

http://www.uspa.org/SIM/Read/Section5/tabid/168/Default.aspx#970

What is left unsaid in the SIM is exactly what recurrency training consists of. Based on my observation, the content of the recurrency training is based on a review of your experience, and the length of time since your last jump.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!