D_mented1

waiting

hello all i havent made that first jump yet first i was waiting on the time and the money now iam all set mother nature throws in her two cents. ive made several trips to my local DZ talked to instructor and gotten the bug BAD. they only tandem and SL there so iam going SL. been wanting to SKYDIVE for ever my only fear is jump 5 my first freefall is i get in a tumble or spin i cant recover from. wich is not going to stop me iam ready.. heck iam 38 with every cert. i can get from scuba to high angle rescue . thanks for reading my little rant it makes the pain of waiting a little less painful lol. anyone have any pointers iam a good listener thanks and blue skies to all

my only fear is jump 5 my first freefall is i get in a tumble or spin i cant recover from.

Don't sweat that. Your first freefall on the S/L program will be almost exactly like your last couple static line jumps (on which you will be pulling a dummy ripcord). Same exit, same body position, same pull sequence. Only difference is you'll be saving your life instead of the static line saving your life. Your instructors won't let you do it if they don't think you're capable of doing it safely.

thanks skybytch and granny i beleive yall are both hit the nail on the head as long as i can get started ill be ok lol. dont want to try to internet train if you know what i mean.. at the moment iam a rock and nothing to practice or think over ....;) maybe next weekend think ill put on a thong and do a good weather dance to secure my jump time or jail time lol thanks for the reply waiting is like a root canal with no drugs

dont want to try to internet train if you know what i mean..

That's smart. But... if reading about what you'll be doing will help to make the wait tolerable, there is one place on the internet that is worth your time and won't steer you wrong. Go to uspa.org and download the Skydivers Information Manual (SIM). Read through the first jump course material - it's the exact same stuff they're going to teach you in your FJC.

heck iam 38 with every cert. i can get from scuba to high angle rescue.....anyone have any pointers iam a good listener thanks and blue skies to all

First, congrats on your pending skydive!

Since you are versant in handling high-stress situations, you obviously know the importance of training, practice and repetitive drills. You are one step ahead of the game. Use that knowledge to your advantage. Learn, practice and drill, drill, drill.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

thanks popsjumper, just an update iam still waiting weather has been crapy on the weekends here. and we are at a temporary dz since hurricane ike took out the normal dz and the planes. so it all has to be right because there ferrying a plane from houston to make our jumps until the planes and the hangers repaired. supose to be in full swing in a month heck might half to wait that long lol. :S well at least ill have enogh money to start buying my own gear when all is said and done.