trackris24

New Jumper - Fayetteville, AR

Hey everyone!
Been getting used to the site, and I really have enjoyed reading all the information it has to offer. I can't wait for my first jump, hopefully this spring break for my birthday in mid-march.
I'm an athlete and once my college career is over, I have to turn somewhere for an adrenaline rush! :D
Anyway just looking to see if there are any other jumpers in my area, or if anyone has jumped at skydive skyranch? (closest location to me).
Also one last thing, if anyone has a base range of the average price it will take to get me started. Through my 1st jump, school/training jumps and to get my license to where I'm good to go on my own anywhere. And how long all that would probably take?
Also just curious how everyone is with their comfort levels, how many jumps did it take you to get comfortable with going all the time?

Have a good weekend!
KK

Hey Kristen,

Welcome to DZ.com!

Unfortunately i live in South Africa so i can't speak to exact prices in the USA but here is Skydive Elsinore's Price List so you get some idea of what an A license will cost you in the long run:

http://www.skydiveelsinore.com/Tandem-Skydive/Package-prices.html

I'm pretty sure that other DZ's will be in the same region, your best bet is to call them up and ask, or better yet swing by and chat to some people at the school, you'll find the staff at DZ's very accomodating and more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

As far as being comfortable in the sky, it varies for different people, a girlfriend of mine refused on 3 levels of her AFF course and rode the aircraft down in tears all 3 times yet went on to make hundreds of jumps and become a competent BASE jumper. Just remember that what you are doing is not a natural thing for a human being to do and there is no shame in being scared and letting your instructors know that. It is one of the most rewarding sports in the world though.

Hope this post helped a bit, good luck with your training B|

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Welcome! I would suggest that you check a few of the drop zones in your area. I am working on my A license package at Skydive the Farm, outside of Atlanta, and they are amazing folks there, I love them. Plus, their A license package is rather less money than Elsinores.

http://www.skydivethefarm.com/Rates/tabid/54/Default.aspx

Shop around, see what kind of vibe you get from the DZ, and most of all, HAVE FUN!!

Please let me know if I can answer any questions!
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---