jumpingjunkie81

Not just another newbie...!

Hey everyone!
I have been lurking for a few weeks now, trying to learn as much as possible, and since I just booked my first ever tandem I decided it was probably time to post and introduce myself!

I'm Tammy, 27 years old, and reside in Florida! I have also lived in Minnesota and South Africa. I enjoy laughing, driving, talking, singing (although not very well), shopping, tanning, smoking, looking innocent, looking sexxy, buying cute shoes, beer, shots, sex, my crackberry, going out, checklists, wearing big sunglasses, wearing flip flops, and thinking about skydiving!

I will be doing a tandem jump with a few friends in Sebastian this Friday (the 13th...am I crazy?) and once the IRS sends me that refund check I will promptly enroll in AFF! I am super excited/nervous/afraid!

To me 2009 will forever be the year that I woke up and started living my life! In addition to becoming a skydiver, I want to learn to ride a motorcycle, shoot a gun, and snowboard! I cant wait to be a part of your exciting world! Wish me luck for Friday! B|

XOXO
Tammy

Whenever I figure out this avatar thingy I will upload a pic!

Welcome. :)
Generally people that start jumping fall into on othe following categories: "bucket list" or breakup. Some fall into both.

What makes 2009 your wakeup year?

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

That's what I hear! I can't wait! It consumes my thoughts day and night!

So which category did you fall into when you started jumping? Bucket List or Breakup (or both/neither?)? Sounds like a good poll question! But, since you are THE Bolas, I would imagine you fall into the "neither" category? Just a guess!
:ph34r:

THE Bolas? Ruh roh, you've done some research... ;)

I was a Bucket Lister. Thought it was gonna be a been there done that, got the t-shirt thing.

Had wanted to do it for a while but never had. Looked into it college but didn't do it. Even offered it as a grad present to two of my friends but they never did it.

Ironically, I was supposed to be the "voice of reason" and talk another friend out of going. Instead I went with him, almost 8 years and over 1000 jumps ago. B|

Of the three of us that orignally went one I don't believe ever jumped. We got winded out since we started AFF three or four weekends in a row and all ended up going at separate times. That time I spent on the ground around the jumpers was part of what drew me to this sport. The one I was supposed to talk out of it did get his license but stopped shortly afterwards.

I had no intention of talking him out of it nor did I try. The other friend told me what he wanted to do as I was supposed to help talk him out of it and I was like "count me in!!!" B|

No way of telling what could have happened if he hadn't wanted to go just the same as there's no telling if you would have decided to go had you not broken up with your ex. That's what makes life unpredictable and exciting. :)

Welcome! and What r u doin friday night? ;) lol

Ya screwed that up. It's

"They say skydiving is better than sex. After you jump, wanna make a direct comparison?" :P

or I like

"Ladies, one night with me and I'll definitively the answer the question of which is better: sex or skydiving."

Ya screwed that up. It's

"They say skydiving is better than sex. After you jump, wanna make a direct comparison?" :P

or I like

"Ladies, one night with me and I'll definitively the answer the question of which is better: sex or skydiving."

Waaayyy to cheesy for me... besides, who says I was talking about sex? :ph34r:
Tact is not my specialty.....

Dirty Sanchez #453

Thanks for the welcome!:)
I hope skydiving does consume my thoughts for a long time, but it will be nice when my thoughts are remembering what it felt like, rather than imagining what it must be like!

And if I am to guess what I will be doing Friday night, I imagine I will be running my DVD player ragged making everybody i know watch my video, and it will probably involve a lot of alcohol too! Haha! :D

Bolas....LOVE the pickup lines! You had me cracking up with them! (the first ones better than the second though, IMO!);)

(Cheesy overdone bow)

Thank you. :)
And opinion noted. :P

Plan on spending the whole day there Friday. Maybe part or all of the night too as they have a bar on site. :)

Welcome to the forums! :):ph34r:

I hope you have a great time on your jump on Friday, you're be getting one of the best views in the country on your first jump. You're going to be spoiled! Let us know how it goes.

Oh, and I was a bucket-lister. ;)

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Hi Skymama!

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am so thrilled to jump at Sebastian! It's the logical choice though, since its less than an hour from my pad! I am counting down the minutes until Friday!

So, tell me about your first time! You say you're a bucket lister. How did things fall into place for you?

And as far as Bolas goes, he's officially the first person who talked to me in these forums, and I'm not likely to forget him because of that! Good strategy, if you ask me! haha! ;):D

So, tell me about your first time! You say you're a bucket lister. How did things fall into place for you?

It was kind of a mid-life crisis thing, I was just going to do one tandem. Little did I know how much I would love skydiving or how much it would change my life. I hope it has a positive impact on your life too.

Parachitist asked me to write an article about my experience. I can't find it on this computer, but I'll try to remember to find it for you tomorrow where I know I saved it.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Friday is soooooo far away though! [:/]

atleast you dont have to wait 6 months till your next jump...

welcome to the community, try not to spend ALL of your money (or try to get a better job to support the jumping) Im atleast half glad that im making more now and cant jump... got time to pay off all my aff/skydiving bills
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Wow, and I thought 6 days was a long time to wait! ;)

yeah, i jumped one weekend, went back the next for aff and really didnt miss many jumpable days at the dz, or another dz for that matter

every day i look at the sky here and want to jump again! its bullshit!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

thats gs-13 classified... if i told you, id have to kill you

;)

dont forget the video, you have to post it... unlike me, none of you fuckers will ever see my video (of my tandem anyways)