Fridmarr

Another New Person/Questions

Hi, name is Nick. I did my first tandem at Skydive Chicago in September. I'm planning on doing another tandem. Loved the experience. I would like to go further into this.

I was wondering on opinions of Skydive Chicago's AFP or somewhere else with the regular AFF. I don't want to limit my options and I live an hour away from Chicagoland Skydiving Center too. I've been researching all of the information and don't want to beat a dead horse. SDC does have a A License in a Week course too and was thinking about that. If you guys can help me out with any opinions/options/information, give it to me

Thanks All

You won't go wrong with either SDC or CSC. The atmosphere or "feel" is very different between the two, but both are great places to jump. Both have high quality student gear and instructors, and great planes. It's simpler if you pick one of them and stick with it until you get your A license, then make sure to check them both out.

Hey, Nick! Wassup?

Either place would be good. Just get the training necessary to get your license. Then jump a lot , everywhere! I only have eight jumps, but it is still eight jumps. Will finish AFF in the spring here (NE), then will jump all over the place: Z-hills, Perris, Elsinore, Arizona, Chicago ....

This is the most amazing sport you can do .... Hope to run across you some day on a load, and jump together .....

Blue Skies, ans And Safe Landings Always -

SkyPainter
Live deliberately; Dare greatly; Land gently
SkyPainter
SOS 1304, POPS 10695, DS 118

Where do you jump in NE? I've been jumping at LSPC since September. I even made it out there last week... I figured 30 degrees was warm enough to jump.... and it was!!

NE in this case, is New England. I have jumped at both Pepperell and Orange, and hope to get in SNE and CPI this coming summer. Currently finishing up AFF at Orange - once the 40 inches of snow on the runway and the -9 degree temps change!

Blue Skies and Safe Landings Always -

SkyPainter
Live deliberately; Dare greatly; Land gently
SkyPainter
SOS 1304, POPS 10695, DS 118

You won't go wrong with either SDC or CSC.

+1

I know more people at SDC but both are great dz's! Rook has a great place but agin you will enjoy either DZ.

Blues

Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I have not been to CSC yet, but i did AFP at SDC and loved it. It has more levels than AFF but is a smooth, gradual, and well structured program and by the time you are done you pretty much got your A. SDC has a lot of awesome people also.

From the rest of the posts, sounds like CSC is a great place too, so it can't hurt to check that one out too and then see where you want to go. Sounds like i will have to check it out also someday!