JumpForFun85

Upstate New York Jumping

Welcome to Skydiving! Depends on where in NY you are, where did you make your first jumps? I started at The Ranch in Gardiner NY, great people great fun, great atmosphere. I love it there, don't get there as much as I would like lately but the people are incredible and very willing to teach and help out

being a life long native New Yorker i can attest to the fact that for MANY... the ranch IS upstate...B|;)

Really,, for all those people, who live in metro NY City or on the ISland.. ANYthing above westchester is UPstate hahahaha.. true...

but as CMiller points out, there are hundreds and hundreds of miles MORE,, to the north and west.... north through the adirondacks and up to Malone, and west,,,, through the finger lakes, and into rochester and buffalo...:D

The OP didn't provide a location, so it's tougher to answer the question..

like MANY things,,, it's ALL Relative.;). but there are Lots of GOOD dropzones in NY.

jt

OP, where in NY are you? As JimmyT points out upstate NY can be very different to different people.

I jump at Rochester Skydivers and I love it. Its a small one cessna DZ, but its a great place to start jumping.

There is also Frontier further west and Ovid to the east.

PM me if you have more specific questions.
Well behaved women don't often make history.

hey man you should join us at Finger Lakes Skydiving...it's like an hour from your location! I live in Ithaca and go up there all the time. For now it's closed for the season but we have a good time. There are freefliers, wingsuiters, belly rw, all kinds of stuff going on up there so feel free to make it home.

check out this video compilation i made for hte end of the year (all fingerlakes stuff):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESo9fGUKzuE