thebeev

Protrack Audible

This might be a stupid question, but....

Thinking of buying the Protrack, I have a Z1. I know the audible part will work. But will the other functions still work for being stored inside the Z1. I notice with the freefly headgear the protracks are snapped on the outside of the helments. Wasn't sure if being inside the Z1 will disrupt its functions.

Blue Ones
Medbill DME Billing Service

No problem whatsoever with it being inside your helmet. When you see FFers with their protracks on the outside of their helmet it probably isn't by choice - it's just that thier helmet doesn't come with internal audiable pockets.

A protrack is most accurate on your ancle (according to L&B) and will suffer slight loss of accuracy if you mount it on your head regardless of whether or not it's inside or outside. If I jump with a friend with his protrack on his ancle and mine in my helmet there is very rarely any meaningfull difference.

This will be true of any freefall computer and is simply down to the shape of our burble rather than the workings of the specific product.

Ive got a Z1 Evo and my Pro-Track works splendid inside the audible pocket!!

The thought of mounting £190 worth of audible on the outside and risking loosing it through a riser slap doesn't bare thinking about!!

Blue skies;)

"swooper 24/7, 365!"
ME on Myspace
My Project playlist

A protrack is most accurate on your ancle (according to L&B) and will suffer slight loss of accuracy if you mount it on your head regardless of whether or not it's inside or outside. If I jump with a friend with his protrack on his ancle and mine in my helmet there is very rarely any meaningfull difference.

it's been beleived so for some time and then the best location was changed to the lateral webbing.

the inaccuracy of speed reading will affect only momentary speed, but it will not affect warning altitudes
much. as long as you dont do speed skydiving, all the differences will be negligible, and it shouldn't
matter much where your pro-track is placed.

for speed skydiving pro-tracks were places on the ankles before , but people figured that extensive kicking
B| will change speed reading and improve results. some results were as high as 600+ mph. after that
location was changed to lateral couple of years ago, everything went back to normal.

the difference in speed between helmet and lateral location readings for jumps over 250 mph might be
as high as 50 mph.

stan

--
it's not about defying gravity; it's how hard you can abuse it. speed skydiving it is ...
Speed Skydiving Forum