haYnBorn

New SkyDiver Here!!

Hello everyone,

just wanted to stop by and introduce myself, im from one of the most gorgious Drop Zones in the world, good Old SkyDive Hawaii, out there on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii. i started my AFF Course around the 1st of Sep 2008, and have completed 11 jumps since, im hopeing to Complete my "A" License Card within the next 2 weeks, but ill have to see.
Well thats pretty much it in a nut shell.
Big Ups to all the PeEps at the DZ!!
Blue Skys This Weekend..

Davin
...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -- Leonardo de Vinci

Hello everyone,

just wanted to stop by and introduce myself, im from one of the most gorgious Drop Zones in the world, good Old SkyDive Hawaii, out there on the North Shore of Oahu, Hawaii. i started my AFF Course around the 1st of Sep 2008, and have completed 11 jumps since, im hopeing to Complete my "A" License Card within the next 2 weeks, but ill have to see.
Well thats pretty much it in a nut shell.
Big Ups to all the PeEps at the DZ!!
Blue Skys This Weekend..

Davin

Welcome to the world of blue skies and sweet winds ( well not all the time) learn, listen to those who have gone before you, skydive hard, and be safe
Blues,
Tim
It is possible to get all A's in school and still flunk life~Percy Walker

Welcome! Blue skies and soft landings! I went up in a glider there on the North shore... while aloft we saw two! tandem cut aways on the same load. I wasnt skydiving at the time that I took the plane ride, but thought it would be a blast to jump there in Hawaii. I too have thought about jumping there and wanted to know about the trade winds... what are they usually there? Am sure that by the time that you are done with your training that you will be well versed in high wind situations which will put you will above the curve compared to most "new" skydivers like myself. Again, welcome! come on out to Northern Cali where the weather isnt quite as tropical, but we still have great! jumping weather! Good luck on your training!
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

Hello again,

its been about a week now and im moving right along, sitting at 18 jumps, i cant beleave how addicted i am to this sport. but ahhh, there could be worst things to be addicted to.

i havent seen anyone cut away yet over here in Hawaii, but all of the instructors have quite a few under there belt.

Yes the Winds here get pretty rough around noon time, they pick up to around 11-15. but on a good day, the winds hang around 5-10. i've jumped in slightly higher winds (shsssss!!!) and its been a good learning experience.

One day ill gladly go out there to N. Cali and get some air time.

Thank you all for the Comments!!!
...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return. -- Leonardo de Vinci