No_Phear

Allow me to introduce myself

Hello all,
I joined dropzone a week or so ago, and finally getting into forums. Name is Neal, made my first AFF jump in 2001, but life got hairy for a while, so I restarted last month. Now I have a total of 6 jumps, and plan on getting my license by mid-October. 17 years 4 months active duty Navy... I'm almost to retirement. :ph34r: Divorced 2x :S, custody of my 17 year old, and been dead one time already (for a few minutes).
Since my son said it was ok, I have picked up the (skydiving) crack pipe again, and can't wait to get my license. It's great there is a place to post with other jumpers. All I can really say for now here, but if you want, I have a website, www.nealbeard.com. Peace
Tact is not my specialty.....

Dirty Sanchez #453

Hello~ I loved this:
"Anyone who asks: 'Why would you jump out a perfectly good airplane?' Has obviously never been to a drop zone.... and seen the plane. "
Just made me totally laugh cause that is the exact answer I got when I asked my friends to go and then when they saw my video they were like it looks like it needs some work!!! hahahahaha Thanks for the laugh and welcome!!:)

Welcome back! after so long! Nothing like a good skydive to remind you that you're alive. My condolances to you in the lost of your loved ones. Living your life to its fullest will be a nice tribute to them. And thank you again for your service to our country. Enjoy! Blue skies! Blessings
If flying is piloting a plane.. then swimming is driving a boat. I know why birds sing.. I skydive.

Just visit my website.... the story is there. While it doesn't really talk about me being dead momentarily, is talks about the coma, which caused me to also have a 6 week gap in my memory, so I might as well have been dead.
And I was a 6 on the glasgow coma scale...3 is dead... I was definitly a vegitable for a while... of course I don't know which kind of vegetable(hopefully s broccoli lol).

Dirty Sanchez #453

Sorry to hear about the coma but for the sake of accuracy a score of 3 on the GCS is not dead.
Eyes having 0 response.....1
0 verbal response.....1
0 motor response....1
3 is the lowest a person can have.
Good luck and welcome back.

That may well be, I really don't know, I was just told 15 is normal, 3 is dead.... but perhaps they meant 3 is PVS. Anyway, no big deal, I'm lucky to be alive, and pruod of it ;)

Dirty Sanchez #453

Good for you to use your loss and tragedy to support other humans! Turning something ugly into something beautiful to others, the most rewarding act of love.

Thank you for serving our country and welcome back to the sport!

blue skies,
jess
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

I died once, and they jump started my heart, why are you so interested in that stuff? Let me know, I will answer all questions

Did you follow your jumpmaster or did you go towards the light?
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239