PeregrineFalcon

Lost 100 pounds and this is my reward

I made 4 AFF jumps in Perris Valley 14 years ago. I didn't have enough money to continue. By the time I got the money, I was over the 225 weight limit. At one point I balooned to 310 pounds! When I finally kicked myself in the ass and started losing weight, returning to the air was my goal. Now, at 207 lbs, I started AFF over again, one jump at Byron, CA and 3 at Hollister (better winds). 7 more pounds and I can try hangliding. I'm guessing it won't be as addicting as jumping but we'll see. Any opinions about that? BTW, I had a minor line twist on my very first jump, but the folks at Perris trained me to pull the risers and kick out of it. Still, it was scary as hell.

Because I've never tried it!! I'm going to get my scuba license too. I'm guessing hangliding is not going to be as exciting, and I doubt I'll obssess on it like I'm starting to with my freefall form, but I at least want to say I've tried it. Have you tried hangliding?

Thanks for the welcome. There's no way I'm gaining it back. Mmmm, do I smell burgers?

Nope, I've never tried hangliding. But after skydiving I have tried other new things, so you never know!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon