sealvanu

Hello from California

Hey, just joined and figured I'd give a hello!

I've made two jumps (both tandem) one when i turned 18 and the other just recently because I was given the chance again.

Absolutely love the sport, and getting psyched to take the AFF training!

My brother also jumps (LongWayToFall) and hearing his stories about jumping only makes me want to do it more.

Any quick words of advice before I start the training? I know I have a lot to learn, but places where students usually lack? Thanks!

Seth
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hey Seth,

Welcome to the forums! Not much advice for you bro, other than get a good nights rest before your training, listen to your instructors and RELAX both during training and on your first jump. Do some deep breathing exercises on the way to altitude in between going throiugh the dive flow with your instructor. (And don't worry, you'll find out what a dive flow is on your course).

Most importantly, have fun!

Good luck
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Welcome! Where are you going to do your training in California?

Just visualize your success, use deep breathing exercises and as a great skydiving mentor of mine will tell you, most importantly "SMILE".

Enjoy your training! And let us know how it is going.

Blue skies!
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

Not sure quite yet, either in Monterey or Lodi. Leaning towards Lodi because its more inland(hotter and less likely for fog) and closer to my house.

But if Monterey is exponentially better than Lodi, I'd rather do my training there.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Not sure quite yet, either in Monterey or Lodi. Leaning towards Lodi because its more inland(hotter and less likely for fog) and closer to my house.

I just finished my AFF in Perris Valley! It was great! I live in Monterey and have checked out the skydiving facilities here. Everyone is really friendly and nice.

Good luck!

...get a good night's sleep...

Good luck with that! I was so excited the night before my 1st AFF jump I couldn't sleep. I was up half the night tossing and turning. Try to get a good night's sleep! ;)

I'll 3rd the breathing...one of the most important things you can do , that will keep you focused. And finally, have a blast!

Take care, be safe, jump to live!
SA B|

...get a good night's sleep...

Good luck with that! I was so excited the night before my 1st AFF jump I couldn't sleep. I was up half the night tossing and turning. Try to get a good night's sleep! ;)

I'll 3rd the breathing...one of the most important things you can do , that will keep you focused. And finally, have a blast!

Take care, be safe, jump to live!
SA B|

I am a constant skydive dreamer...and it is some of the best sleep I have ever had in my entire life....

makes me wanna take a nap and dream of skydiving right now... :S:)
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen