Hunt_Joshua_G

Noob to the sport and forum

Hello everyone I wanted to take a moment to introduce my self and tell you about my first Jump. My name is Josh and I work for a Wind Energy company based out of San Diego California. They send me all over the USA to work on windmills and fiberglass wind blades. I have been wanting to go Skydiving for years but never found the courage to take the jump.

Just the other day at work in Pennsylvania me and a co-worker got onto the subject of adrenalin and He asked me if I wanted to go Skydiving. I said yes without a seconds hesitation. However on the way back to the hotel I started to think twice about it but talked big. But by the time we got to the hotel we had worked each other up into a frenzy. The next morning we were on our way to the Drop Zone over 2 hours away. Here is my very first entry in my Jump Log.

Jump Details

Jump Number: 1

Jump Date: 2008/07/12

Category: Tandem

Dropzone: Chambersburg Skydive Center

Jump Cost: $230

Cost Notes: (added Video and T-shirt for $120 extra)

Aircraft: Super Otto

Canopy Size: Tandem Canopy

Exit Altitude: 14,000 feet

Pull Altitude: 5,500 feet

Fall Duration: 45 seconds

Accuracy: N/A

Log Notes: Finally found a friend who wanted to go Skydiving with me. Arrived at the DZ just in time to see several canopies open and watched as they landed. Underwent basic ground and exit training. Boarded the plane with 9 other jumpers and started climbing. First student jumper exited the craft at 3,500 feet on a static line the rest of us climbed to 14,000 feet. One student on her last student jump exited first followed by another student followed by an AFF student and 2 instructors. I was next, my instructor rocked twice giving me just enough time to think “Oh shit” before we exited the craft. It was great! Freefall lasted around 45 seconds before I pulled the ripcord at 5,500 feet. Went through basic Canopy operations with my instructor including landing procedures. Smooth landing. Received tandem Certificate and Skydiving License Progression Card. I will be jumping again and soon.

Packed?: No

It was one of the greatest things I had ever done in my life. I’ll be starting AFF training soon.
"When the people look like ants-PULL,
When the ants look like people-PRAY."
"Only skydivers know why the birds sing."

Nowing me I will jump off of one just to scare the crap out of my boss. I bet it will get me a quick plane ticket home. it would be fun to see the look on his face.
"When the people look like ants-PULL,
When the ants look like people-PRAY."
"Only skydivers know why the birds sing."