Griff86

best way to train?

I've done 1 tandem a few years ago, and now if i get my A license tomorrow it isn't fast enough for me. I am curious as to the best student program to do though.

Should I do static line or AFF, i'm currently leaning towards AFF. But i am open to peoples opinions....Thanks in advance....

I just finished AFF not that long ago and would have to say go that way.
with AFF you start out learning free fall and you still get the canopy ride down.
I dont know the price difference but the experience is great. at least where I did mine.
Im dont know much about static line training though so thats just mu .02 worth

AFF. AFF. That's the way to become a skydiver. Do some research, take your time (I'll give ya 3 minutes). But, do it.

dreaming 13000 did it right... communicate with her... She did the research and is reaping the benefits of that 'time well spent'!

Relax in the knowledge that you are just dicovering the answers to reality!

Welcome!

As a beginner I have heard that AFF is in many ways a better approach (as nate25 mentioned). You have two experienced jumpmasters fixing your position and you get both freefall and canopy experience.

With static line you sit through the same amount of in-class training and get to do things on your own right away (not much freefall though) which some people say is not preferable. I bet the jumpmasters can debrief you better since they've been watching you from exit to landing.

I don't have AFF available near me so will hopefully continue with my static line learning. In any case good luck, good weather and good jumping!
--
"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens"
-- Johann Christoph Friedrich von Schiller

Unfortunately, i have to postpone my first AFF jump, (which is what i decided to do)

The army, in all it's infinite wisdom, is operating on my throat thisweek, and it will be a few months before i can start jumping...although, i do hope to have my a license, or close to it when I get out in june. I'll be going to college within 10 minutes of SD Aggieland, i can't wait to jump again.

I started static line, but have filmed several hundreds of several level AFF's... I believe AFF is superior (do anybody still offers static line nowadays?)

One very experienced AFF (and ASL) instructor once shared his view on the AFF program:

"AFF makes very good crystal skydivers"...

I agree in part with his quote.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.