jeffyg

new to the forum: need some san diego travel advice

hello again i introduced myself a few pages back and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction here...

i booked my flight into sandigeo airport a week from today and am looking at ways to get from the airport to the skydive san diego DZ. i have no local knowledge of the area and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction!

going to be down there for 2 weeks time and am not really interested in renting a car... any advice is appreciated! thanks
jeff
Speed is your Helmet

One thing that SD lacks is public transportation, and the DZ is not that close from the airport. So, unless you know someone that can pick you up and take you there, the best option is renting a car. You could take a cab, but you will spend the same or even more.

From the airport, take 5 south, then 54 east, then 805 south and then telegraph cannyon east. The latest turns into otay lakes road, where the DZ is located. Realy nice DZ with a twin otter waiting for you.
Una volta che avrete imparato a Volare, camminerete sulla terra guardando il cielo perchè è là che siete stati ed è là che vorrete tornare.

You are going to want to rent a car for sure :| The DZ is located in Jamul (Otay lakes), if you look that up online you will see that it is a fair jaunt from the airport. Good luck!

"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

There is a grocery store off of the 805 and telegraph canyon, other than that I don't know, I'd look up the zip code and do a google search for something closer. The DZ does grill burgers and hot dogs during the day for about $5.
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

i didnt confirm when i was on the phone with them but according to their web page they got showers...

'...We have four bunkrooms that accommodate four people each. For an $8/night donation, you can crash here and be on the first load in the morning! We also have hot showers available, but bring your own bedclothes and towels, as those are not supplied.
Speed is your Helmet

I know :( but I just called to reserve....and they broke the news to me...no showers! only porta potties too, which isn't too bad, but I need a shower dammit haha. anyways hope you get everything figured out for your trip. pm if you have any questions!