Krunner360

Another Newbie

Just thought I would come out of the "lurk mode" and introduce myself. !

:D:D "lurk mode" :D:D

You found the right place to lurk! Have fun on your tandem, pay attention to everything, and tell us how your static line progression goes!

j
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

45 isn't all that old. I started jumping last November and I'm 57. You are starting on a great adventure. Although I am from Idaho, I jumped last weekend at Kapowsin in Shelton, WA, and if the view at Snohomish is half as nice as Kapowsin's, you're in for some spectacular jumping. At least you knew you would be hooked. I had no clue. I did a tandem and my life was forever changed. (and I am soooooo glad it was!) Have fun. Enjoy the adventure. B|B|

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Just thought I would come out of the "lurk mode" and introduce myself. [snip] I'm no spring chicken(45).

WELCOME TO THE SKY! As for being a "spring chicken", I just started jumping at ag 61. In the sky, age, income, and all other measures of a person on the ground become irrelevant. It is truly an unbiased playground!

Blue Skys and Safe Landings always,

SkyPainter

Live deliberately; Dare greatly; Land gently
SkyPainter
SOS 1304, POPS 10695, DS 118

Thank you all for the welcome! Nice to know the over forty has a place to fly ;) I'm sure we all feel much younger then our years here on the planet! Thank Goodness.

As a Washingtoneon (?) where do we go in the off season? AZ? I'm already stressing about it :P

As a Washingtoneon (?) where do we go in the off season? AZ? I'm already stressing about it :P

I am thinking road trip, though I did my AFF through the winter, missing weeks at a time due to poor weather. Still I got them in with no jumps in Dec or Jan. That was partly due to weather, an injury, working out of town, and the holidays. We can get lucky and get in a day most every month, if you keep your weekends open.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

Thank you all for the welcome! Nice to know the over forty has a place to fly I'm sure we all feel much younger then our years here on the planet! Thank Goodness.

As a Washingtoneon (?) where do we go in the off season? AZ? I'm already stressing about it

People around me tell me I seem to be getting younger all the time. :D:D

As someone from Idaho (who, like Bruce, started AFF in winter), I've had experience trying to get jumps in winter weather. It does take a lot of patience and time spent sitting at the dz waiting for skies to clear. I am serious looking at planning a few road trips this winter and AZ is on my list of places to go.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

I got in my third jump! Saturdays jump had to be canceled do to the Washington weather. I camped out and was put on stand-by for Sunday. Patience paid off and I got my last tandem out of the way with 12,500 ft. and some 360's. Now I can start on the static line progression next weekend. (I will miss the free fall until I can do it on my own) Hopefully I can log several jumps.

It's great to get the "fix" in after being off for a couple of weeks! :)
Starting a special savings account for the winter :ph34r: and looking for a new job closer to the air field.