SkyPainter

First Brushstroke in the sky ....

Weather FINALLY lifted here for a day, and I was finally able to get the required tandem in, at Pepperell! A HUGE thank you to Stacy for squeaking me on the first load of the day, so I could get back to work that afternoon!

There are no words, in any known language, in any sort of sentence structure that can describe that first jump. None. But you folx all already know that!

I have watched the video a zillion times already, critiquing the jump from the little I know. I bought the SIM, and have not stopped reading it. Bought my own goggles, too, as they fit better. Bought a logbook, and logged the first jump, Instructor signed off on it.

Need to get AFF-1 scheduled now! They have the wingsuit camp going, and some coaching training, and it is a busy place, so may have to wait a week or two. In the meantime, more tunnel work, so the first AFF jump will be just as stable as the tandem was (I did okay!) :)

My biggest impression? The nearly instant explosion of the earth in your vision, going from the small, dark, cramped plane, and having the entire planet just explode before you from that height! Refocusing on the dive takes a few seconds after that overwhelming instant! But whoa! Was it ever beautiful!!

The whole process, the whole community of jumpers I met - the whole experience - was a very, very, positive one! It felt waaaaay comfortable. Kinda reminded me of the surfer community in the 60s in some ways.

I felt proud typing the "1" in the "Number of jumps" field in the profile.

This is the coolest thing, ever.

Blue Skies, Safe Landings always -

SkyPainter
Live deliberately; Dare greatly; Land gently
SkyPainter
SOS 1304, POPS 10695, DS 118

Welcome to the forums :)
Awesome view isn't it ;) wait till you do your first solos and you can relax / enjoy the view.

I don't think I even looked at the ground till jump 9, too much hard arch and following my instructor around the sky.

The best feeling is when you look down and you can see the dropzone/landing area DIRECTLY under you, at least you know you got a good spot :D

Way to go Chaaaz! Congratulations on that first jump! Good luck with all the ones that will be coming soon! Of course we knew you would love it. How could you not? Remember to come visit me when you get that A license! ;) Welcome to the sport! Continue on with your painting. :D

Thanks all!

Getting into this sport has added to, and enriched my life already!

Skydiving removes all focus other than the dive, and for a few moments relieves you of all the burdens of life temporarily, replacing them with incredible experiences and new joys.

Live deliberately, dare greatly, land gently.

Blue Skys, and safe landings always -

Chaaaz, AKA SkyPainter
SkyPainter

Weather FINALLY lifted here for a day, and I was finally able to get the required tandem in, at Pepperell! A HUGE thank you to Stacy for squeaking me on the first load of the day, so I could get back to work that afternoon!

OOPS....I meant to thank DEE for the first load, and STACY for the encouraging and informational emails, about jumping, and the DZ at Pepperell! THANK YOU, both!

I am making arrangements for the FJC/AFF training today!! javascript: addTag('cool')
Blue Skies, Safe Landings always -

SkyPainter

SkyPainter