gsxrjumper720

Hooked for Life

Hey what's up everyone. I'm currently a student jumper outside the AFF course learning from the bottom (3500 ft.) up. I did my first Tandem last year, and couldn't stop thinking about it. So I enrolled myself in a student program about a month ago and have been jumping non-stop ever since. The weather has been kind of crappy but I have gotten a solid 12 jumps in so far. I'm currently at a 15 second delay (solo) and climbing. I've been fortunate enough to do some pretty incredible jumps including cloud punching and even had to cut away a bad main on my last jump. I look forward to getting to know all you jumpers and hearing about your crazy adventures in diving. And please let me know if you think there is something I should know to get the most out of this Awesome sport.
Life is way too short not to enjoy every minute of it :)

For starters I don't have my A license, I accidentally put that instead of "Student" my bad. As for the chop away, the dive started out really well, great exit good body position and free fall (which was a first) and I deployed my pilot at about 3200 feet. That might be a little low for a student, but not to bad. The shoot came out very hard, and when it opened it was spinning wildly out of control. I looked up and the back left end cell was completely folded in and so I un stowed the breaks and gave it a couple of really deep fliars Nothing... So a pulled hard right and hard left to see if it would correct itself but I was still spinning pretty fast. Right pulls would slow it down, but that was about it. So at around 2500 ft. I had to cut it away. I was very surprised at how smoothly the reserve deployed, and also at how slow and dosile the canopy really was. My dive master was pretty impressed that I was able to stand up the landing because it was only a five cell canopy. After we looked over the main shoot the only thing they could come up with is that it was either tension knots, or that when the brakes where stowed they some how looped around some of the lines and knotted tight when the canopy opened. Either way it was a great experience and in no way am I going to let that situation hold me back from getting the most out of this sport. I'm glade I got that out of the way now so maybe I'll remember to hold on to the handles next time I have to cut away. LOL.
Life is way too short not to enjoy every minute of it :)

Cloud punching? Dude, that's against regulations.;) We like to call that industrial haze.:D Welcome to the sport. Have fun and enjoy.

P.S. I lived in Lakewood 30 yrs ago. I went through Denver 4 yrs ago. Man what a change.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.