MrSix

Greetings from Puyallup, Washington

What's up. I'm Josh.

I've been obsessed with roller coasters and thrill rides for years, and I finally did my first tandem last month (at Kapowsin) and now all of my attention has converted to skydiving since it's the best thing on this planet.

Unfortunately, I am a financially deprived college student since school is sucking everything out of me. So this means while everyone is up there having fun I'll be stuck down here with the normal folk for the next two years or so.

In the meantime, I figure I might as well learn as much as possible since its really all I can do. I am about a third of the way through The Skydivers Handbook, and also plan to use this site to learn all the fancy jargon so when I start doing AFF I will ideally have a better understanding of the equipment etc.

I hope these two years go by fast!

- Josh

Josh, Who was your tandem master? You live in Puyallup? I'm just down the hill from you.
If you are a broke college student you can still go out to Kapow and hang out. Learn to pack parachutes and put all the money on the books so you can jump. Where there is a will there is a way. If you are really willing to work a bit and learn, my husband John will teach you how to pack. Lots of money just sitting there. Kapowsin is really hurting for good packers right now. If you want to carpool out give me a PM.

If you are really willing to work a bit and learn, my husband John will teach you how to pack.

:o:o:o:D

Okay. :)
Oh! Don't be so shocked that I'm volunteering you to teach someone to pack. You do it all the time anyway. Besides you are a good teacher. I'd teach him but that would be a very bad idea. :D

Welcome to the forums! :)). They're good people and you can learn a lot from them. Hope you get to start training soon!

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I've got a magazine I need you to autograph.

You're silly! :ph34r:

BTW, I'll be in WA in August. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'll be there in December
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

OMG, it's true, the planes do fly both ways!

Oh, and Josh, welcome to skydiving. Say hi if you do decide to come and hang out at Kapowsin. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke