FreefallFro

Hello from FL

I have not made my first jump not even a tandem, But I have been lurking on this site for over 2 months soaking up all the knowledge and experiences from old posts.
I gave up stunt riding crotch rockets at the beginning of the year. I had been doing it for over 8yrs off and on. I have been lost every since. I need to be involved in something that lets me know I'm still alive. (This is hard for me to explain, But I'm sure I'm not the only one here to feel this way).
I have always been interested in flight. When I was a kid my dream was to become an aircraft mechanic and I can remember hearing and looking for the DC-3's that Skydive City in Zephryhills Fl used for jump planes back then (what a beautiful plane).
I still live 10mins from Skydive City but need to sell off some more of my stunt gear and 1 more street bike that will give me enough money for a tandem, AFF and buy my first rig.
Living so close to the DZ and having 3 day weekends off all the time I should be able to train and jump pretty often. Can't wait to start.

Could I go ahead and get a SIM and start reading? Will most likely be a couple months before I can start my training. Thank You, Fro

Oh, what the hell!

Download the sim and memorize the thing. Think up as many "loaded" questions as you can and put them on a note card for your first jump course. The instructors won't know what to do with someone who knows the SIM better than they do! Have fun!

Blue skies ;)

Had a great weekend. Did my first tandum 9:00am Sat morning at skydive city and it was a great day weather wise almost no clouds in the sky.
I wasn't nervous at all but excited to make the jump. I made the jump with Scotty and Bob did video both great guys and fun to be around. I cannot wait for early spring to get here so I can start AFF.
After my jump I drove over to Daytona Beach to finish out the day. What a life....

Skydive City is hosting its 50th anniversary reunion for Turkey Boogie over Thanksgiving. Roughly 10 days of lots of fun stuff going on, and I would imagine a ton of fun people. Even if you don't jump, come on out to enjoy the festivities!
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

glad you enjoyed your jump!
they only get better, skydiving got ahold of me pretty good, im from cape coral, when you get your A liscense send me a message, ill come up and do a jump with you. i use to stunt also, now i just ride. i still enjoy a nice stand up every now and then!
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

Skydive City is hosting its 50th anniversary reunion for Turkey Boogie over Thanksgiving. Roughly 10 days of lots of fun stuff going on, and I would imagine a ton of fun people. Even if you don't jump, come on out to enjoy the festivities!

I will be there. I actually go out there at least twice a month and watch and hang out on the deck. Have met some really nice people.
Its kind of a tease for me watching others do what I want to do but I know my time is coming up fast.

just curious, why wait until Spring? The "season" in Florida is opposite everywhere else, so now would be a great time to start. Especially with hurricane season almost over! :)

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Awesome, I did my first AFF with Scotty as well.

I'm also curious as to why you're waiting so long before starting AFF.

When I got back I couldn't wait more than a month before the itch drove me crazy and I started AFF before I was financially where I wanted to be, but I don't regret it.

Do it now! B|

The feather butts bounce off ya like raindrops hitting a battle-star when they come in too fast...kinda funny to watch. - airtwardo

I would love to be able to do aff and I have the money to do aff but I don't have enough just yet to by my first used rig.
By march I will though with tax check and selling a jeep that I have plus the $500.00 month truck payment will be gone in April (6 more pymts) so finacially I'll be ready.
Another reason is I'm not a cold weather person at all. I was born and raised here. So if I wait until march get my license get my gear I can jump all spring, summer and fall to get my expierence and numbers up.
I only live 10mins from skydive city and have 3 day weekends off so I'll be able to juggle my jumping around the weather pretty easy.
Next time you guys are out there shoot me an email would be great to meet you. I'm out there a couple times a month watching anyway.