pojj

starting out

hey there jumpers im only very new to the sport ,so have a couple of questions...first for all you family people out there how do you find the time to jump,is it a time demanding sport?and after geting your certificates how much does it cost to jump ??;)

Hey! Welcome to the sport! How many jumps have you made so far? The prices of your jumps depends on what your DZ is charging of course. You will have to ask them. Prices may vary from drop zone to drop zone.

As for finding time for the sport, that will depend on a lot of things too. I have 4 kids. I jumped before, during and after having them. People always asked me how I found time to do that. Our lives are always busy, yet if you think about it there is always some down time. We go to the movies, watch TV, go bowling or whatever. How do you find time to do all that? If it's something you want to do, you do it. It doesn't have to take time away from the family either. If there is a will there is a way to make it work.

Welcome to the forums! :)
Once you have your own rig, I'd guess the average price to jump in the US right now is about $22.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I find the only time demanding aspect of the sport is my insane desire to get back up there as soon as possible. Also the fact that in the days leading up to a jump, and a few days after, it consumes 40%-90% of my thoughts. I work on avgerage 70hrs a week and travel at least one week a month and have not had a hard time finding a day to go jump. If you want it you will find the time.

The best advice I could give would be to try and involve your family as much as possible. I skydive at Perris which has a great facility with a play area for the kids and a pool. My wife refuses to jump, but she enjoys coming out and just watching and talking with others. My sons plays with the other kids and has already done a spell in the windtunnel.

With regards to the cost, it will depend on many factors. What I choose to do is focus on is what it is going to cost for the jumps I want to do this month and next month and don't worry about what the end cost will be. For me it is the ultimate stress reliever and therefore a lot cheaper than a therapist.