smokiescfi

New and crazy???

Hi there everyone! I'm a pilot and mechanic in Hendersonville, NC. I'm heading down to Florida to start on my "A" license. I already have a business at the airport and I'm trying to figure out how to get a drop zone started. Everyone is agreeable, including the airport owner. We have an aircraft, Cessna turbo 206, and a pilot/mechanic (me). I have no clue how to find and attract a qualified jumpmaster and rigger.

Any suggestions???

contact

http://www.uspa.org/

, read through here in DZ.com re, GEAR and RIGGING,

RUN a good and tight op and KEEP yr prices low and they will JUMP! You might want/need to decide if this is a business or a hobby then a business...

You will have a LOT of competition down there!

Regards and BoL
:DD

We're looking a Donaldson Center in Greenville, SC. There was a DZ there for awhile. I'm a pilot and an aircraft mechanic so we've got two parts covered. We have a turbo 206 available but we're considering the lease option.
I've been told the biggest issue is to make sure the aircraft and pilots are reliable, and the turn arounds are quick.
I'm hoping that by being able to provide piloting services, an aircraft, a location, and good maintenance, the rest will come together.
I'm planning a trip to a couple of smaller DZ's this weekend - Clemson, SC and Knoxville, TN, to count jumpers and check things out. Should be interesting given the weather.

One of the local instructors suggested Skydive Carolina in Chester, SC today for AFF training, so I think I will try them.