marianneb

Hello! My name is Olya, I'm from Russia. I do not do sports, but I would like to start on skydiving. I'm new to the site and I would like to ask for your advice. Do I have to have some special physical training? Are there any special courses to learn how to do that?

Hi, yes there are special courses, you can start in a variety of ways. The only physical training you need is learn to hold your liquor.:)
Check here to find a dropzone near you and then find out from them what courses they offer, Tandem, AFF, static line. Then JUMP!
Welcome
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

Hi Olya! Once I visited Russia and I LLLoved it )) I think if you want to do the skydiving thing the only physical training you have to have is strong nerves. If you are scared of height and never jumped before, first go to some skydiving school in your region and learn some basic things about it. Do you have friends who did the skydiving before?

well it's not so scary when you do this for thousand times but first time it's always scary. when i jumped first time i felt that i could've died of fear. and my best friend, she was with me, made me even more nervous because she kept saying "oh i'm gonna fall, oh i'm gonna fall". but then it's not that bad, so go and try it and see for yourself.

Hi Olya, welcome to our site and to skydiving. I am a student myself and cannot really give advice. You don't have to be superfit or anything but neet to be reasonably healthy, oh and hold your liquor as Greg suggested ( I am struggling with this one but I keep practicing!). I think a good idea is to post more questions to the womans forum or general forum. I have discovered skydivers are always more than willing to answer any questions and give advice.

Hope you start skydiving very soon (it's awesome) and let me know how your fist jump went.

Blue skies

Hi Olya, I started in May of 2007 and jump every chance i get. Where are you in Russia? I travel there often and to Ukraine. I really enjoy my visits, Gerogian wines are great! I have one other extreme sport, I am a father of three girls, 20, 18, 15. Now thats extreme! I think i'll have a drink now
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664