Sparkplugs

it's because I KNOW there are no perfectly good aircraft. ;)

Hi there... I'm Jen, from Ontario, Canada. I'm new to skydiving, and new to the forums, so I thought I'd post a wee intro here.

I started packing parachutes at Skydive Toronto back in April of this year, after my jumper brother brought me there and I thought it would be a good way to make money. Haha, good thing I made so much, because 90% of it went to jumping... I started my solo progression in August, with the S/L system. I did well at the first two, then proceeded to fail 9 or 10 static lines in a row. I'm stubborn, what can I say. Eventually I got on to freefall, and have been doing pretty alright ever since. I passed all of the freefall jumps, and I'm now at 25 jumps. Just wanted to say that I love it, and nothing beats it, and I'm so happy that my brother introduced me to this awesome sport.

In my weekday life, I'm in the military as an aircraft mechanic... hence the title of this thread, hehe. Cheers all,

Jen :)
PS... Attached is a still I took from a video that a good friend of mine made for my solo test jump. I like it.
"and though she be but little, she is fierce."

I'm Jen, pack parachutes and fix planes for a living. Cheers.

Welcome to the forums! Does your brother jump with you? I can't get my brothers to jump, I think that would be really cool!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

He was there on my first tandem, and got to see me jump a few times solo. He's about a 6 hour drive away, so it's hard to get together, but I can't wait until I can get my A and we can jump together on the same load. Should be great! It's his fault, I blame this jumping thing all on him, lol.
"and though she be but little, she is fierce."

I'm Jen, pack parachutes and fix planes for a living. Cheers.

yeah, I have five brothers and I can't get any of them to jump either....seems a little backwards.

Welcome sparkplugs - this is a great sport.;)

DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!