Wesly.VG

Aloooohaaa!

Heey,

This is my first post at the forum, so let me introduce myself!

My name is Wesly, I'm 21 years old and i live in Belgium.
As a kid i always wanted to be a bird, so i could fly freely. I love heights, i was always the one who would climb up the highest tree :p Then when i was about 10 years old i saw skydivers for the first time! We live close to the military base and there was a skydiving club, but its gone now. Anyway it was from that point i said that skydiving is the thing i want to do! My parents where laughing at the time because i was so little :D Now years went by and on July this summer i told my parents i was gonna take an AFF coarse... My dad got sick just thinking that i was gonna jump out of a plane :D

August, 18. I did my first AFF jump and WOW i was hooked! Finally i felt like that bird i always wanted to be! The next day i started with the rest of the AFF coarse and i finished 2 weeks later with 8 jumps. I've had to do level 6 twice. Now you can find me every Saturday and Sunday at the dropzone in Black Mountain, Genk, Belgium. I did 22 solo jumps and last weekend i did a 2-way jump with Rodrigo (www.byrodrigo.com). He was here for work and on his day off he came to our DZ. I got some really good instructions from him. I learned a lot from him in a very short time. Also the jump with him was the most fun jump i did so far. Thank you Rodrigo and maybe one day ill come to America to do another jump with you ;)

This weekend I'm starting my instruction lessons on formation jumps and i am really looking forward to it!

If that wasn't enough you can check out my myspace http://www.myspace.com/cabfahrer

Greetz
Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Welcome dude! My story is very similar to yours, wanted to skydive for as long as i can remember (around 4yo i think) and my mom was the one who nearly got sick when i told her i was going to do the course :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Thanx! First off i want to try formation skydiving. Ive been told that for the very little amount of jumps I've made i am really fast and stable in the air. My turning and tracking are really good for a beginner they said. I tried to sitfly twice but that wasnt so easy... As a student all they say is ARCH ARCH ARCH! And if you want to sitfly/freefly arching isn't really helping :)

Believe nothing.
No matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

My advice would be to (like you say) do some formation skydiving first, spend 50, 60 or even 100 jumps learning FS, it will help you learn to fly relative to other people, not freak out when you have multiple people on a skydive and most of all it will help you perfect your tracking technique, all of these things will stand you in good stead when learning to freefly. And yeah, wingsuiting is super fun!

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Yeah thats what i will do! Unfortunately the weather isn't allowing me or anybody to jump this weekend :( RAIN RAIN RAIN I HATE IT! With a bit of luck there will be a few holes in the clouds on sunday B|

Believe nothing.

Thanks for the jump!
Keep doing the great job!

I am sorry I did not have my camera, I wish I could post some pictures on my web site, Belgiun is a beautful country, and has friendly people, I had lots of fun jumping there!

I hope to be back in Erope next year... for sure I will jump there, what we can do is try to get a few guys that are interested in learning a litte bit more about skydiving and I can coach bely flying, basic canopy flying and introduction to free fly, as I love teaching I will not charge for this.

Rodrigo.

[email protected]
www.byrodrigo.com

Heey Rodrigo! Thx! It really was a great jump B| If you come back next year it would be great and i think there will always be guys who wants to learn a bit more! The instructions you gave me on canopy flying are really good! Ill keep practicing up there! Keep in touch!

Wesly.

Believe nothing.