Ncrowe

Guner vs. Pimpdaddy

I prefer the Pimp Daddy because of the chin strap. Some prefer the quick release of the gunner. I am a fan of the fastex clip. I use mine for tandems and the quick eject of the Gunner is a bit more likely to get accidentally released if my student pops me under the chin.

Both are extraordinarily comfortable and both are made by Bonehead. You can't go wrong on those counts.

- Cajones

The laws of physics are strictly enforced.

I use mine for tandems and the quick eject of the Gunner is a bit more likely to get accidentally released if my student pops me under the chin.

Like mine, lost over Mission Trails.:(

That's why I'm replacing it with a new Pimp Daddy!

Both are still great helmets, though. :)

I've held the two side-by-side and can barely tell the difference other than the one flat side of the Pimp Daddy. They feel the same on too. I hate the buckle on the Gunner - it's a pain in the ass.

Now, the best looking and most popular helmet that Bonehead has ever made is the original Pimp Daddy with the velvet like Chuck has on in his avatar. Why they don't start making those again I just don't know.

Canuck

The Gunner is cheekyer and for some people more comfy. The new Pimp is bad ass I love mine more than my long lost old style pimp ( secure those fastex buckles peeps). The gunner will have a small advantage in being able to hold an audible in each side and still be comfy, this gets tight for some people like myself. I like the audible inside. believe it or not they are easier to get to and better protected.
I heard of a whisper of a rumour that there might be a few double sided new pimp prototypes floating about. If this is something you may like Email Bonehead. The more we beg the more they make.