livn4dalord33

hello peeps

My incredible wife and I went on vacation througout Florida for 10 days upon my return from Iraq in May 2007.

She knows after 16 years of marriage that i have been wanting to skydive, since seeing my father jump with the Special Forces, at 8 years old.

After 5 tandems each at Skydive Miami we both were hooked!!..i would never have dreamed in a million years that the love of my life would love skydiving as much as me, but she did, and does.

3 months later she has over 50 jumps and i have 85; there's nothing greater to me than having the opportunity to jump with her on the weekends.
"More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse."

Welcome to the forums! :) That's great that you get to jump together, I hope you both continue to have fun with it.

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

we actually did our 5 tandems each in 2 days...we spent 2 days in orlando, 1 in tampa (Busch Gardens), 1 in ft. myers, 2 in miami, and 4 days in key west...

so..yea it was a long over due vacation..
"More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse."

hey Gratz and Welcome:)
My wife sat on the ground watching as I went through my AFF. Before I went up for my level 6 I signed her up for a tandem... LOL so My friends walked up to her and said so you wanna skydive.... The whole time I was training she was talking how there was no way! Then when they ask she says HELL YEAH!. 20 mins later she on the load with me while im doing my level 6:) she did 1 more tandem a bit later then started in on AFF... Shes hooked as well:) only down side is I only get half as many jumps since she started:) but we are Happy in the sky together:)

Cheers and Blue Skys to ya:)

ur story is too cool...my wife's unable to jump every weekend because she's getting her Master's degree..so i usually get a few jumps in a weekend
i cant wait, i bought my wife a new Mirage G4 fully articulated, new cypres, new PD reserve, an used main...still waitn on the cypres to come in...but im excited for her...she's been jumpin that over priced rental crap...

yuh it is awesome to have someone who you can jump with and know that they wont rag on ya for hosing the exit:) My Wife also doesnt jump as much as I do but she a bit more picky about the weather and who's jumping:) such as if it isnt warm on the ground she aint going up! lol Me on the other hand used to jump in NC when the weather was in the high 20-low 30's on the ground lol woohoooooo

Welcome, well, my wife was doing her 1st tandem on my 1,000 jump a few yrs back, and well she got scared in the door and never jumped!! we laugh about it now but she was pretty bummed the day it happened. Thanks for serving our country too!;)

thanks for your support..

I decided to buy my wife a new main since everything else is new...plus ill jump her new main when she down sizes, so that works out for both of us...

im glad that my wife ended up going out the door on our first tandem together, because she was indeed very scared, but im proud that she got thru it and ended up lovin it as much as i did!!