jellob

i'm hooked and i hurt

I posted earlier in the Women's Only forum on a different topic (thank you to those who responded), but just now realized I had skipped this Introductions forum. I completed ground school and my first solo yesterday and my body is really hurting. I have a few bruises on my arms and my legs and back hurt, but I am loving it! I do hope the pain goes away, however. Thanks for the great website and the forums. The support helps.

Hey congrats!! I am right there with ya, I was supposed to do my first solo today but I went to the wind tunnel on Wed. night and I CAN'T move. Muscles hurt that I didn't even know I had [:/] Hopefully tomorrow! Good luck. How was your landing? That's the part I'm worried about :P

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

The landing went well. I managed to stand my three tandems and I was hopeful I would land my first solo. My instructor had me on radio the entire way down so I had his guidance. I managed to take a few steps and then tripped a bit, so I landed on my butt, but I was just happy I was down!

I was most concerned about landing as well. My instructor knew this and we spent more time on that during ground school. He drew the drop zone for me and the path I would take given the wind pattern. He also gave me the approximate altimeter readings and landmarks for each leg of the landing. I committed these to memory and landed well. He did most of the work, I simply listened!

Enjoy and let us know how it goes!

I posted earlier in the Women's Only forum on a different topic (thank you to those who responded), but just now realized I had skipped this Introductions forum. I completed ground school and my first solo yesterday and my body is really hurting. I have a few bruises on my arms and my legs and back hurt, but I am loving it! I do hope the pain goes away, however. Thanks for the great website and the forums. The support helps.

Bruising on arms and legs is generally an issue with 'one size fits none':P student gear, which will only really be cured when you get to the stage of having your own gear.

The general muscle aches are very very common as well when starting out. There really are so many weird and obscure muscles used in skydiving. If you type "streching" or similar into the search box you will come up with loads of posts about stretching routines and warm up excercises that will help you get through a weekend of skydiving and still feel like a human being on monday morning;)

Oh, and welcome to skydivingB|
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Welcome to the forums, i find that jumping is much like water skiing or wakeboarding the first few times you do it, you use a different muscle group, but don't worry, your body will get used to it ;) when i start training with 4 way teams i find my body hurts a little after doing like 10 in a day because i am not used to it.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky