EighenIndemnis

A (very nervous) Newbie

I'm new to these forums and new to skydiving - completely. My first jump is going to be tomorrow - a tandem dive at Cross Keys in New Jersey. My friends jumped about a week ago and loved it so much they told me I needed to experience it. So, I'm going to.

This is a very out-of-character thing for me to do - I've never even so far as been on a roller coaster - but I have a vague sense that if I can do this, then I can do many more things in my life I wasn't sure I could handle before.

I've looked around the forums, and tried not to worry myself too much - maybe I shouldn't have checked the Incidents forum - and as much as I want to learn the jargon being thrown around here, I'm trying to remain a little blissfully ignorant so I won't get overly confused when I arrive tomorrow.

So - hello!

This is a very out-of-character thing for me to do - I've never even so far as been on a roller coaster - but I have a vague sense that if I can do this, then I can do many more things in my life I wasn't sure I could handle before.

Ohhhhh, that's only the beginning. That "vague sense" is going to explode into a whole new realm of possibilities for you! Have a great time on your jump. :)
TPM Sister #102

Hi, I'm completely new to these forums also. Boy, all this new stuff to learn, extra rules, what if my computer fails, can I just switch to my laptop?

Luckily skydiving is already my life. I've been jumping 23 years, and our sport has been the centre of my life ever since (outside of family, which came along 14 years later - they happily co-exist).

If you're about to do your first jump, I envy you. I still remember that day, and will carry the pictures in my head forever - and I still smile when I think about that one jump (having done 8500 more since).

Enjoy your jump, and I hope we'll see more of you at dropzone.com.

Blue skies - Peter (gravity7)
Carpe Jugularem
(seize the throat)