AZcondor

Hello Everyone

Hey Guys,

I went skydiving for the first time in my life yesterday. I was instantly hooked as I assume all you are too. I jumped tandem with a really cool guy who taught me a lot. I know that these forums hold a wealth of information you just need to search for it, but I like posting. I feel that it will give me a better understanding of the people on here:)

I have a couple questions if anyone wants to chime in.

My next goal is to jump solo. The facility near me has a tunnel. I feel that with adequate practice I will be more comfortable in the air my first time. What do you suggest for proper experience before you jump solo? Tunnel or tandem again?

Second, is I am looking into a sweet jump suit or pant jacket combo. I would like something that is good for skydiving and will work equally as well for base jumping. Should I buy or rent.

I am glad to be a member of this forum and look forward to meeting you all.

--AZ

First off Welcome!!!:)
Secondly, Congrats on your 1st jump!B|

Now to answer your questions. It really depends on the type of training you are wanting to do. Are you going to do Static line, Tandem progression (TAF) or AFF?

The tunnel is awesome and can teach you a lot. But if you are planning on doing Static line, it could side track you and lead you to the wrong direction. Another words, I wouldn't get into the tunnel just yet if you are going to do Static line progression.

Also, I would ask your instructor if they want you to get into the tunnel before training. They may what you to hold off for the 1st couple of jumps. And then let you have some tunnel time once you have something to focus on. Getting into the tunnel now, the only thing you can really focus on is stability. And to be honest, I think that would be a waste of money.

Bottom line, ask your instructor and get some ideas from him or her. They know what is best for YOUR situation.

blue and safe skies,
~MAR

If I stand on my tip toes, I can see the weekend from here!

Welcome.

I went to the tunnel before I made my first jump, only because I was in the area. I think it helped me alot! I knew before I went out the door what I needed to do to stay stable and correct spins, etc, etc.

AFF is the way to go, Tandems are no good for getting correct body pos.

Also, hold off on the jump suit, untill your ready to go with something a bit more disipline specific. As far as BASE jumping goes, I dont know to many BASE jumpers going low with a jumpsuit, wear jeans and a T-shirt!

I jump with shorts and sandles;)

Good luck!
-A

"Don't keep your pilot chute a secret"