Nikki_vZ

New Girl From South Africa Soon To be In The Sky!

Well it's 2:24 am here at the moment, can't really sleep ;) so I thought I would make my 1ste post :)
I'm starting my static line training tomorrow and I'm really excited about it! It has been a dream of mine to skydive for a while now and the day has finally approached!

The dropzone I’m going to for my training unfortunately don’t have a AFF course option at the moment, but in a lot of ways I think maybe static will work out better for me (seeing as I’m a student and a bit low on the income) and as well the pass is slower so maybe its easier to “get into the whole thing”

So wish me luck for tomorrow! And im writing exams too so I guess I should be off to bed now [:/]

Oh btw this site is really awesome and it has answered a lot of my questions and steered me in the right direction!

Well done! Keep up the good work!

Bloem? Excellent! I have a friend named Charl who does tandems out that way. Enjoy the training and even more so the jump! And after that come and jump at JSC

Completed your thoughts :D

Nikki, enjoy the good times and the flights in your BLU plane :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Yea i know who Charl is ;) he's the one that's going to give the training. Spoke to him a couple of times on the phone, really easy going, cool person

I actually did consider doing a tandem at 1ste but decided agasint it. In the long run doing the training is going to work out better for me, seeing as skydiving is really something i want to pursue :P

That would be a hell of an out landing :D

*Nodding head vigorously* UH HUH! :D

That's the way I'd like to travel. Fly around, jump where you think might be suitable, pack, repeat :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

whats up?

hope you enjoy your jump.

This site is great...be wise in your readings, remain skeptical about info and enjoy the sport....once you're in you won't ever want to go back!

Welcome!

Joe

"we can either clmib down...or take the 15 second express shuttle" ---- during a snow storm on a 1000 foot antenna

The training went great; it’s an awesome dropzone with really cool people! I had an excellent instructor, couldn’t have asked for better!
As training progressed it freaked me out a bit, :S information overload, but once I got the hang of things it was smooth sailing.

Got on to the plane (pretty cramped) with my very fashionable yellow overall :P and a ton on my back (I didn’t realize that rigs were so heavy!) It was only me and my friend that were students, the other two guys (other then the jumpmaster) are licensed skydivers. I was very chilled and collected UNTILL the 1ste guy jumped, that was when paranoia started to set in. To watch someone just jump out of an airplane like that was insane!:o I have seen a lot of videos but it’s nothing like the real thing (afterwards when I told him he said “but you should have seen my smile right before I jumped!”B|

I jumped last, had a temporary complete brain fart,>:( but I came around and exited the correct way, my arch was a bit “flat” though, had some line twists. Was a relieve to see the slider sliding down finally!:D

Being under the canopy was unbelievable, nothing I have ever experienced before. When I came in to land I shouted at the top of my voice, “WOOHOOO AWESOME!” flaring and then landing smoothly on my feet, with a little stumble, my legs felt like jelly! lol

Spend the whole day at the dropzone, met a lot of new people, can’t wait for next weekend!

I just want to jump again…and again and again!

Thank you for every one that welcomed me to the forums!

The training went great; it’s an awesome dropzone with really cool people! I had an excellent instructor, couldn’t have asked for better!
As training progressed it freaked me out a bit, :S information overload, but once I got the hang of things it was smooth sailing.

Got on to the plane (pretty cramped) with my very fashionable yellow overall :P and a ton on my back (I didn’t realize that rigs were so heavy!) It was only me and my friend that were students, the other two guys (other then the jumpmaster) are licensed skydivers. I was very chilled and collected UNTILL the 1ste guy jumped, that was when paranoia started to set in. To watch someone just jump out of an airplane like that was insane!:o I have seen a lot of videos but it’s nothing like the real thing (afterwards when I told him he said “but you should have seen my smile right before I jumped!”B|

I jumped last, had a temporary complete brain fart,>:( but I came around and exited the correct way, my arch was a bit “flat” though, had some line twists. Was a relieve to see the slider sliding down finally!:D

Being under the canopy was unbelievable, nothing I have ever experienced before. When I came in to land I shouted at the top of my voice, “WOOHOOO AWESOME!” flaring and then landing smoothly on my feet, with a little stumble, my legs felt like jelly! lol

Spend the whole day at the dropzone, met a lot of new people, can’t wait for next weekend!

Thank you for every one that welcomed me to the forums!

I felt the same feelings you did. my jump went about the same except i didnt have line twist and i compl;etely biffed my landing...lol. Welcome to the forums and im sure ill jump with ya when i start my skydiving world tour when im rich! B|
"Age has absolutely nothing to do with knowledge, learning, respect, attitude, or personality." -yardhippie
"Fight the air, and the air will kick your ass!!! "-Specialkaye

Great to hear you enjoyed it so much! Well, over time the yellow overalls give way to cool custom jumpsuits and the huge weigh-a-ton student rigs to smaller sport ones.. cramped planes, well that you'll have to live with ;)

B| yes i think we all know that feeling! :D
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Thank you :)
and thank you to everyone that posted and made me feel welcome! :D

Nikki, if your looking for a fellow girl skydiver out in Bloem let me know I have a realy close friend that jumps out there, in fact you might have met her already. send me a PM and I'll give you some contact info.

BTW ..... congrats on your jump and welcome to the sky. Bloem is a fun, social and very safe dz.

Blue Skies
Karl

(ex SA Boy working across the pond)