Jinxie

Newbie from South Africa :-)

Bev, next time you do a tandem with Dawie or whoever, ask if you can deploy the parachute, that's another step in the progression. :)

Peej, just to keep the communication clear, Sa does not offer TAF, unless things have changed in the past few months. Having the student delpy the canopy and waer their own alti does allow for some basic concept of time related to task. It will also help with AFF, but the TMI needs to give a good breifing for it to have any significant benifit.

Yeah i know.

Maybe me using the word "progression" was what got the confusion going. I was reffering to Bev's progression and not a tandem progression. If she is nervous anbout AFF, etc, a properly briefed tandem dive with an alti could help her along with the confidence to eventually do AFF.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Howdy Dale :P

Ha ha ha....emphasis on "had" you confused! Your folks are awesome by the way! B| Very nice peeps.

First solo? erm, um, *cough cough* :$ did you not see me almost kill the tandem Master on my last landing? He he he ... I know that concentrating on pulling the toggles does not mean you automatically put your feet down before your TM! :P

Seriously though....two more tandems and I want to redo the AFF course :)
Be safe and well!
Minds are like parachutes -- they only function when open. -- Thomas Dewar

Hey girl! C'mon and do your AFF already! I need some more chicks for my all-girl 4 -way team! B|

Just kidding. You'll know when the time is right, and once you've done that first jump, there's no turning back!

Enjoy and good luck! :)

-Chanti-

Every weekend Dale! LOL We are there every Sunday he he He is going to Detroit and San Fransisco for the next two weeks though so I am sure gonna miss you guys!

LOL thanks Chanti! That is inspiring ;) Well I have decided that I will definitley start my Aff (Ground school again) before the end of the year. My husband is getting sick and tired of paying for all my tandems ha ha ha...but I figure I am getting good experience whichever way I fly lol *sniggers* :P

Vriendelike groete aan almal vanaf Neenah, Wisconsin!

My first visit to the forums at dz.com and here I stumble upon a bunch of Boere yakking ;o) Have a really stupid question regarding Bev's situation: what avenues are there in South Africa to progress in skydiving? From what I can gather in this thread is that there's only tandem and AFF. i'm going the route here in America of doing Static Line Progression, having done seven static line jumps, including four practice ripcord pulls, and doing my first two "solo" self-deploying short freefalls a week ago (FUN stuff, by the way!!!) From here on I do progressively higher jumps and longer freefalls, including doing freefall maneuvers, until I qualify for my A-license. Is that an option in South Africa?

Also, to show how small a world this is: Marius Vrey from JSC bought some of my T-shirts from my online store (fallfreaks.com). Do you know him Bev? If you do, tell him hello from me!

-Pierre

...Have a really stupid question regarding Bev's situation: what avenues are there in South Africa to progress in skydiving? From what I can gather in this thread is that there's only tandem and AFF. i'm going the route here in America of doing Static Line Progression, ...Is that an option in South Africa?

Hi Pierre,
yes static line progression is an option in SA, AFAIK most clubs offer it (though I know of one that has now switched to AFF progression only). Plenty of static line babies around ;)
Skydiving: wasting fossil fuels just for fun.

Hiya Pierre :P

Yep we have static line progression here as well...I am just too chicken chit to do it right now ha ha ha

I know Marius!! Very cool oke and cameraman. I will pass on your regards;) and I will check out your T-shirts too!!

regards and blue skies
Bev