moto89

Hi all!

Hey how's it going? Just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking aroundhere for a year or so, since my interest in skydiving took off. I finally got scheduled in for my AFF level 1 for tomorrow, but got a call at about 3:00 this afternoon from the DZ postponing... :( I guess a bunch of instructors are out of town, and of the two in town one called in sick... :( Nonetheless I'm scheduled for the 17th now. Now the anticipation is really starting to kill! Two more weeks.......

Anywho, just wanted to introduce myself. Can't wait to get up there!

-Moto89
Less talking, more flying.

Hello!
Yep, the waiting is a pain - I am in England, trying to get my AFF done at this time year (crazy idea huh). I've done levels 1-4, and am hoping for good weather next weekend to get 5-7 done. Mind you, the 'bonus' of waiting is that it gives you more time to save money, cos trust me, you are gonna need a serious wedge of cash!
All the best for the 17th, and if you are really going stir crazy waiting, why not try to get a few minutes in a wind tunnel? That's what I did before I started and my instructor reckons it's paid off.
Cheers!
Deb
I can resist everything except temptation.

You will find that you can't always jump when you want to - but always remember the sky will always be there for you to get out into and get the wind betweeen your knees another day. I do understand your frustration - just got the A last year and our DZ is closed for the winter - can't wait until march! Welcome to the sport!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Well, all I can say is that was by far THE most amazing thing I have ever done. Mind you I've been a pilot my whole life, a motocross racer, motorcycle road racer, and the feeling I got from one jump vastly out does everything else combined. I don't speak elequently enough to put it into words, just amazing. I'm hooked! I'm going back to the DZ saturday for level 2. B|
Less talking, more flying.