Digitale

Hello

Hey Dana,
Could you chime in with some info about CC to the nervous mom thread. She's in NJ too needing some advice. How's your training going, are you able to jump this time of year?

Noooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!! M.P.F.C.

Hey azdav,

Funny, you read my mind. I was just typing up a little blurb for Tandem Mom.

My training is going well (I think). Spent lots of money; spending more money ... lol.

Yes, you can jump in this weather depending on the weather conditions and if you have the gahoonies to jump in the coldness. Right now, it is very cold and has been pretty windy on certain days. It’s also been very cloudy and lightly snowing on and off.

As a student, I haven’t really been able to jump. However, I did go to the CK Invasion at Skydive Sebastian and got in some jumps down there and I did some wind tunnel. I have plans to go to Skyventure, NH for more tunnel time. I’m doing what I can to stay current and keep active in the sport while the weather is sub par here.
~ Dana

Don't feel bad the weather been crappy here in "sunny AZ">:( but the weekend forecast is saying mid 60's.B| Two weeks ago it was 18deg @ alt. and froze my pair. :o
Sounds like your getting used to the quickly dissapearing money thing but worth every penny. I refer to our tunnel as the "giant crack pipe", keeps you wanting more 10 min later.:D Learn to fly in the tunnel and you'll probably breeze through AFF, keep it up;)

azdav: MmM... 60 sounds nice! 18!?! I didn't know the AZ could get that cold during the day! I know at night that it can get pretty cold. Oh yeah, that was the first thing I learned real quick. However, I wouldn't have it any other way. That's a good term for it. I fell in love with the tunnel after I was in it. I can't wait to do it again.

skymama: I had a fantastic time in Flordia. I got to see a different side of Flordia. I always go to Orlando and Naples. This time I got to see the smaller towns. I got a better feel of the state. I loved the scenery of the DZ on the ground and in the air. The town was nice too. I do want to come back soon and visit all the other DZ's once I have my license. I miss the warm sunny weather! Thanks! :)
~ Dana

Don't feel bad the weather been crappy here in "sunny AZ">:( but the weekend forecast is saying mid 60's.B| Two weeks ago it was 18deg @ alt. and froze my pair. :o
Sounds like your getting used to the quickly dissapearing money thing but worth every penny. I refer to our tunnel as the "giant crack pipe", keeps you wanting more 10 min later.:D Learn to fly in the tunnel and you'll probably breeze through AFF, keep it up;)

That's it...I am leaving washington and moving in !!!:o
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Hi Dana,

I work in AC and have been wondering about CrossKeys. Are they open all year and do you know what kind of planes they use. I jump from Skydive Jersey Shore in Farmingdale and they are very nice but very small. Two cesnas and most of the time they are loaded with tandems when the weather is good. I would be willing to drive out there if it was worth it. My goal is to have my A license by mid summer.

Joe
Every time I look up, I wish I was on my way down.

I am leaving washington and moving in !!!

Right on, I've got room;)

House rules:
1. No boyfriends or husbands allowed.
2. I control the remote.:D:D

you control the remote???? sigh!!!!! Guess i can't move in after all. How was the boogie? did you have a good time?
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~

Joe: Yes they are open year 'round. CK's hours of operation for the winter are Mon - Sun @ 10 am - Sunset. We have a nice fleet of aircrafts that include: 2 Otters, King Air, Pac, 206, 182, Turbine Helicopter, Stearman biplane, and I believe we may still have a Grand Caravan, but don't quote me on the last one. Right now it is kinda slow with the cold weather and all but come spring we are always hoppin', especially on weekends. And, if we are really busy with tandems and all, we will run one plane for tandems and one for licensed skydivers. Same goes for big ways and boogies, etc. One additional note, if you are a student we have a few student programs you may want to check out. They can help you save money in the long run. An on going thing is called Student Daze which is special program from CK for AFF & AFP students to help them save time, money, and learn has much as they can about safety and the sport. I hopes this helps and maybe you will consider a trip to Cross Keys!?!
~ Dana

How was the boogie? did you have a good time?

Missed it because I was moving and then I was sick>:(>:( But I'm only 18min from the DZ now;)
Forecast highs for Sat & Sun will 68deg and sunnyB|

How was the boogie? did you have a good time?

Missed it because I was moving and then I was sick>:(>:( But I'm only 18min from the DZ now;)
Forecast highs for Sat & Sun will 68deg and sunnyB|

Sure rub it in....was suppose to jump in richland today but the weather turned so we didn't go>:(>:(Definitely going to be march now until i jump:(
DPH # 2

Yes I have talked to a few instructors at my dz about this. I think I'm gonna wait awhile. Finish with the student gear and make some jumps with some rented gear.

I'd like to try different things out and do some research on different rigs, canopies, and set-ups before I make a choice. I want get the right equipment that fits me best and that I can work with, and learn and grow with. Plus, I want something that is safe for me so I don't hurt myself or anyone else. I don't want to rush into buying something to realize a few months down the road that it's not right for me.

I've have started my research and found somethings that might be good once I have my license. However, I'm gonna talk it over with my instructor first and see what he thinks.
~ Dana

Student gear is way different then your own simply from a comfort stand point. What ever your instructors advise you on, I'm sure you will be happy. It's like going from a Minivan to a Audi. Gear which fits your build will make a huge difference.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!

Student gear is way different then your own simply from a comfort stand point. What ever your instructors advise you on, I'm sure you will be happy. It's like going from a Minivan to a Audi. Gear which fits your build will make a huge difference.

I have to say that I totally agree..... the whole fitting you right is key. Lots more comfortable and you get to know your parachute, how it responds to different situations. I only about 30- jumps on my rig, but I have loved it!:)
DPH # 2