BigMike80

Skydive Newb...

I just had my first jump (tandem) this Saturday at Skydive San Diego. I LOVED it. And cant wait to go again...I want to go solo this time though. I can see myself getting very addicted to this sport.

-Mike
Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?

-Mr Blonde

Welcome to the forums! :)

I will have to save up some money first...I really dont even know how much it costs. Im kind of afraid to ask. But I cant wait to jump again. The rush is just so much better than anything I have ever done before.

If anyone has some advice on the best steps to get into the sport Im all ears. All I know now is that AFF is the way to go, but thats about all I am sure of.
Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?

-Mr Blonde

Here's a good link to get you started. You'll need a few thousand dollars to get started between buying AFF, coached jumps and gear. It's alot of money, but well worth it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No need to worry about that just yet. Focus on starting AFF first :-) Then think about buying gear. I'm just off AFF (22 jumps) and I'm looking at new/used rigs to buy. When you do AFF they'll have all the gear you'll need. That's all this fellow skydiving newb has far ya!

Mike, welcome to the world of skydiving!.

As a newbie myself, I can relate to being addicted to this. ;)

Right now, I am focusing on getting thru the student training phase. I havent jumped since Sept 30th because of an injury, but I hope to be back in the next couple of weeks and I am looking forward to it:)