wholloway6

new jumper to Skydive Houston

Hello! I am rather new to having my liscense.. I actually took about 3 years to get my a liscense.... Then took a few years off from being poor all the time;) I recently got some good used gear and a much better job! I am now trying to get back in the sport and jump as much as possible!!! Would love to jump with anyone willing out at houston... My 6 years in I now have about 30 jumps spread way out, so I need practice and any tips available... THANKS!!!

william

Welcome to the forums! :)

Welcome to dz.com! Skymama has given you some great advice here and not only will you get to know people by hanging around you will also learn loads by listening to conversations, chatting with people and watching other people land. So many skydivers are keen to get to the dz, do their jumps and go home that they miss out on the learnings that take place on the ground.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

There will be night jumps this Friday at Spaceland and there will be a pot luck cook out Saturday down at the trailer park. Both events should encourage hanging out. Bringing beer always helps. People asks who's it is and can they have one. Then usually will stick around and chat with you. Hopefully I'll see you there this weekend.

Oh yea, I'll jump with anyone.
Blue Skies, Land Soft

Welcome bro. I'm current doing AFF at SDH and more than likely your see me there on the weekends surrounding the 1st and the 15.

As Im on student status, the only guys I;ll be jumping with are gonna be jumpasters, and until I can somehow go limp in freefall, level 3's gonna be a milestone to get past.

As far as tips go, I'd say pretty much any of the instructors and coaches at SDH can answer anything you need to know. Conragts on getting licensed

Hey William,

I just went down to Skydive Houston myself this week for the first time. They had a great bbq on Saturday that was yummy fun and I felt pretty lucky to have such a cool way to get to know the gang down there. They talked about trying to make it a monthly thing, just sign up for the newsletter on the website - you'll get a weekly e-mail and get the scoop on what's coming.

Introduce yourself next time you come out - most of the gang don't seem to bite, but then, I haven't asked them to yet ;)

Jean
Because life is an adventure - it may not be the one you planned, but then it wouldn't be an adventure!

Glad everyone had a good time. There are photos(aka evidence) of the party.

This weekend there will be a live band at the pond Saturday night.

Following weekend will also be a theme party but not sure on theme yet. We are still conspiring on what the theme should be.

Halloween party week after.

Dawn (host of lasts weeks party) with help from teammate
Blue Skies, Land Soft

Hey Matt...don't worry my friend...you will get there soon. going through houston to cozumel next week! always think of you when that happens.
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!