dweeb

Holy shite was that fun!!

I did my AFF 1 yesterday at Otay.

Oh my God was it a blast! It was hair-raising to step out, but couldn't get the shit-eating grin off of my face the entire time (yeah, I got the video and photos to prove it!)

I'll be back in two weeks for AFF 2 & 3. Maybe 4 if I can swing the cost.

Is there any place that can tell me what equipment I will need after certification?

Yeah, consider me hooked.

congrats!!

was it all you thought it would be?? I am going for mine ( 1 & 2 ) in FOUR DAYS!! I can't wait! any tips on how to relax and deal with the " waiting " feeling?
It sucks >:(!

It was all that I thought it would be times 100!

Pay attention in class, especially when they talk about emergency scenarios. But don't get hung up on that.

Stepping out of the plane was the most harrowing moments, but I didn't hesitate or falter. The wind in your face at 100 mph was a shock, but not too bad.

What was surprising was that even at 13000 feet, it didn't feel like falling. It was like floating or flying. Not falling.

And watch the horizon when you come in for a landing. I flared about 40 feet up, held it, but still hit a bit hard. I'm sore from it today, but I know what I did wrong and will compensate for it next time.

Most of all, remember to breathe! You will have an absolute blast!

Have fun!!

Skydive San Diego is a cool place to jump. Two AFF jumps in a day was probably enough for me, but three is doable. Try to keep going as often as possible.

As for gear, once you've finished AFF, start by buying the small things first: altimeter, helmet, goggles, then jumpsuit, and rig once you're sure what you want, and have talked to other experienced jumpers about it.

Some good reading here:

http://www.dropzone.com/safety/Gear_and_Equipment/index.shtml

Have fun:)

any tips on how to relax and deal with the " waiting " feeling?

For the relax part. Don't think about it too much. The brain is horrid for creating fear. A quote I really like is: "No passion so effectively robs the mind of its power of acting and reasoning as fear."

In the plane on the ride up, just take a couple deep breaths, run over the jump in your mind, and enjoy the view! Getting out the door is the hardest part, but it is also the most fun! I really don't get all that nervous anymore, but I defintely feel my heart rate go up when I jump out! It's purely an unreal feeling. Oh yea, just relax.:)
Now for the "waiting" feeling...oh boy, well, if you find a solution, let me know! I feel it stronger even now! And can't wait till the next paycheck so I can jump again next weekend! It's kinda nice, makes the week go by faster...haha:)

kiwi & dweeb
thanks guys! I will let you know how things go - the stomach is already in knots and the brain WON'T stop!:S are there any other things i should expect from my mind & body as the day grows near?
BLUE SKIES AND SAFE LANDINGS!!
"WHY DO SOMETHING YOUR SELF- WHEN YOU CAN HAVE SOMEONE ELSE DO IT FOR YOU"