vortexcj

Vigil or Cypress 2

Let other people be the test jumpers

Agreed.... Cypres have been proven to work time and time again....

Cypress 1 that is

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

I read that a whole batch of Vigils were recalled due to
them firing at innappropriate times, on the ground and in the air. This was found to be resulting from static discharege I believe.

Still too new and having all the bugs worked out.

I'd go with the Cypres.
__

My mighty steed

Don't forget that while the Cypres 2 was made by a company that has had success with an earlier product, it is still a completely new product. I mean, the 71 Pinto was made by a tried and tested company, Ford.
If you don't want to be a test jumper, the Cypres 1 is the only way to go.

“- - Sumo is the greatest of sports. It has power, grace, speed and cluture. And most importantly, two fat bastards smacking the shit out of each other. ”

I may be wrong here, but I’m under the impression that you can no longer buy a brand new original Cypres. Therefore it seems to me that you have a straight choice, if buying new, between Cypres 2 or Vigil. I went with the Cypres 2 because I reckon Airtec know a thing or two about making AADs by now…

Vicki

There appear to be major problems with the Vigil right now, so if you're in the market for an ADD and need to buy NOW, then the choice is clear. Buy a Cypres.

If you're buying a year from now, I would wait a year and re-evaluate. It's very likely that Vigil will have fixed their problems by then, the only issue is if they have any credibility left when that time comes.

Time will tell.

As for now, it'd not be smart to buy an ADD with known issues. The Cypres2 does not have any known issues, and the Vigil does.

Buy the Cypres2.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

There appear to be major problems with the Vigil right now, so if you're in the market for an ADD and need to buy NOW, then the choice is clear. Buy an ADD.

I assume you mean to buy a CYPRES.

As for now, it'd not be smart to buy an ADD with known issues. The Cypres2 does not have any known issues, and the Vigil does.

The CYPRES 2 has an issue with the readout and static...However it just makes the unit not show anything on the screen, not fire it.

The new CYPRES 2's should all be fixed, but you never know.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I would buy Cypress2 because I don't think they would compromize their product and release new instrument with any major problem.

As far as I'm concirned, I will not buy AAD because I think I'm safer without it. It is one more thing to care about and up there I want things as simple as possible but who knows one day ...

The Astra had some issues with fires...Not sure what they all were. Some liked the control unit being easy to get to, and some didn't. Some liked the fact that you can turn it off under canopy...But you also had to turn it of at the end of the day of you ran the battery down.

There was no battery check on it...The batteries just died one day, and you replaced them.

It never lived up to the hype.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Well, considering that Airtec doesn't sell Cypres 1 anymore and basically the Cypres 2 has the same features plus longer battery life and a new filter that can resist water for 15 minutes, i don't think that they messed with the other proven technology too much...
Even less designed a new AAD from scratch...
So just because a car has new tires and tinted windows, it's not a "completely new design"...

Maybe it's just me, but i didn't see any problems with cypres 2 except for a bad batch of lcd screens from a subcontractor... No functional flaws in any units so far. And i don't expect any.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Considering the way Airtech adressed actual and so-called misfires in the past, and still waiting for any word on the in-air fires of the vigil, i'd stick with an Airtech product, series 1 or 2...
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

The CYPRES 2 has an issue with the readout and static...However it just makes the unit not show anything on the screen, not fire it

Wasn't that just an issue with a bad batch of screens? (The unit stayed operational) I got mine pretty much right around the time the issue came up and mine never blanked...
Now if i had a link to that service bulletin...

Ok, found the thing...
Wasn't a bulletin. So it was not a bad batch, but still i got my cypres about a month prior to this (linked)statement and never had a problem. It is no problem anyhow as the unit works no matter what. (No misfires...)
Just pay attention to the last few lines as well...
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_threaded;post=693492;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Wasn't that just an issue with a bad batch of screens? (The unit stayed operational) I got mine pretty much right around the time the issue came up and mine never blanked...
Now if i had a link to that service bulletin...

Yep thats it...Not a BIG issue, but still an issue.