skydivingranny

Hello! I am an oldie but a newbie!!

Hello! I am 51 years young and did my 1st tandem on April 8, 2006 and did my 1st 2 static lines on April 15, 2006!! Our winds get a little choppy around here and weather does not always allow us to jump when we want to :(... I can assure you that if not for weather I would have more than 3 (ok 1 tandem and 2 static lines) done. I seem to spend alot of time at the DZ hanging out but not jumping out. (due to wind)

I love this sport!!B| The canopy ride is soooo peaceful and awesome!! And well my limited freefall experience is sensory overload at its best!!

It is so funny some people think that it is great that I am skydivng. Most people when they first find out ask ARE YOU CRAZY? :S My response is usually some thing along the line of either "Well, Yeh!" or "Do you know me!?";)
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!! Have a happy day!!
Janet

Hey! Another oldie! I'm 53 and also just starting out. Finally finished AFF and have now done some solos. Winds, family, holidays, work, rain: I think the worst is over now. All week I dream about my next jump but I'm still getting nervous when the time comes.

I wish you much joy in this sport and agree that the canopy ride is the most awesome thing ever. Of course, I jump at "Florida's most scenic drop zone" so I'm pretty spoiled.

Good luck with the rest of your training.

Thanks for the warm and friendly welcomes! I cannot wait to get my skydivin' "fix" again! B|My DZ is only open on weekends and Tuesdays 3 pm to dusk and this past week end we had wind, rain and just down right yucky skydiving weather>:(. My non skydiving friends and my family do not understand!! Anyway thanks!!

Progress not Perfection....
It's never too late to have a happy childhood!! Have a happy day!!
Janet