BannanaGirl

New skydiving girl!

Hey,

I have managed to get myself flamed already on another thread, so I guess it is time I introduced myself properly and remember my manners.

My name is Diana and I live in the UK. I use to post here under another name Virginflyer3, but seeing as I have well and truly broke my cherry now (skydiving that is!) I thought I would post under a new name and introduce myself to you all properly.

I have just done my AFF in Seville, Spain and had the BEST time. I am totally hooked. I am even in the process of booking my next trip out there as I can't wait to getback there.

Credit is all ok at the moment but I can see that not lasting for too much longer. I am looking at things already thinking "hmmm that'll cost me half my FS1" or " I could pay for 1/4 of rig". The new car I was going to buy is not going to happen now. The heap of shite I drive will have to just keep going, on faith if needs be. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME!!!!

Anyway if you are wondering why I have called myself BanannaGirl, it is because I can fly in a bannana shape, on a heading!!!! Had to take my level 5 several times because of it, but I got there in the end!

I am looking forward to learning to skydive now (at last!) and to making friends with you guys from anywhere in the world.

Adios and Blue skies

Dix:)

Greetings and welcome to dz.com. Pretty soon you'll be pricing everything in jump tickets and telling yhour relatives to just give you money for birthdays and xmas's :P

Gavin

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. If you don't take it out and use it, its going to rust.

Hey Ricky,

I don't really want to discuss the cost of things as I have already been in trouble and branded a "fake", but all I will say is it was very, very good as the course itself but then I did have some retakes (which put the price up a bit). However I still managed to keep within a "I won't cross that line figure". I will PM you.

At the end of the day if you want to do AFF it is an investment in your future and you will need to make a very broad budget for the course, and don't forget to include the beer fines!:P These are compulsory and you will be briefed throughly in your ground school before anything else, gives you something to aim for I guess.:ph34r:

Hope we meet soon and it is in Seville.;)

Happy jumping daydreams.

Dix

hey, I am SO jealous of you right now!!!! :ph34r:
I'm saving to do my AFF in Spain. I was looking at France too but I think Spain has the edge - plus i can speak a little bit of spanish but my french is absolutley terrible! [:P

my finances are already stretching and ive not even done my aff course yet! better keep saving... [:/]
BUT i know from my tandem and static line jump that it's worth it!

blue skies! B|

Totally girl!!! You know it! Everytime a plane flies over you get all fuzzy, it is like being in lust with a really fit bloke.

I knew it the moment I landed on terra firma from my tandem that this is what I HAD to do and believe me I am SHIT scared of flying! I mean you know, can't break concentration on the pilot because it is me holding the plane up and all these people are gonna die if I blink! Duh!!!

Absolutely insane I know, but like you I knew this is what I wanted to do. I was surprised about it and a bit unprepared financially and mentally to start with but you find a way. You always do when it means so much to you.

I am happy to report that flying on a jump plane is cool...airliners I have to oil myself with lots of Vodka before boarding.:S:S:S

I do suggest you go to Spain and the south is the place to go with the guys I used for sure. Can't recomend it enough. If you are not so good with the heat like me come down in end Sept early Oct (I am going to do my FS1) and we can have loads of fun together. Also it will give you some time to save up some cash for the "adventure of a lifetime!".

And the language thing is no problem. I managed to hold a full conversation with a bunch of Spaniards for a full half an hour using just sign language and exagerated mouthing movements. I thought I handled the situation very well. Or maybe they thought I was just completely demented!?

Blues skies girl!

Dix:)

Well I live here in wet cold little old Ireland, where each jump is a blessing because at times they are few and far between...
I did AFF (also in Spain) in Jan '05, and then returned to spain twice more, and then a 2 week trip to Z-hills FL.....the house I had just bought sat bare with no heating because I was soo hoooked, and then it killed me to have to pay for carpet furnishings, I too counted the jumps I could have had for that amount of money...

So no I'm getting my C liscence, and figuring that selling the house means a brand new rig for me B|

So welcome to this cool world that sets everything in perspective...;)

NOnonono! Not BEER!?NEVER!

But yes I can see this becoming even more of an obssession as each day passes. I thought that just by doing the AFF I might have got it out of my system....WRONG! My situation has just gotten a whole lot WORSE!

I produced a budget forecast for myself (I am totally anally retentive about these things at times!:S). 90% of earnings are allocated to skydiving funds and 10% for all other living expenses, so the tea and toast diet it is then and I have'nt been on that one since I was 18! Negative equitity here I come!!![:/]