abelizegirl

Dancing on the ceiling....

What a feeling! I did my first tandem in Belize this past weekend. Then I did my second because I could not believe that anything could feel so amazing. My pocketbook shook it's head no to a third or I would have gone again. Now that it is over and everyone has gone home I am bored out of my gourd, just wandering up and down the beach trying to figure out what to do with myself, lol. I could become a full timer to the sport given the opportunity. And becoming certified myself. While tandem is great, I can only imagine the rush of being out there on your own the first time.

abelizegirl

It's all Jimmy Buffet's fault.

I still have the same feelings every time I jump. It only gets better. I pity those people who never find a thing like this in there life, Be it skydiving or something else. If you've got the bug, you will belong to skydiving forever.

Welcome
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Welcome to the forums! :)

The "will" is certainly there, it is all I can think about. I tried to get some kind of fix yesterday and did a zipline jump through the jungle but while it was a fun and new experience, it didn't even come close to the thrill of the tandem jump.
So if I can get all my things done back in the States in March I am going to try to do a static line jump before I have to come back down here for good. If anyone has a favorite place I'd like to hear about it. I'd be open to just about anywhere as long as it is not snowing ;)

Thanks,
abelizegirl

:S
I am new at skydiving myself. I started doing t1 and t2 and then right away went to ground school and started the aff program. I was on my 4th jump, however in ny where i am, the weather sucks so i have to wait for the season to open,which is hopefully in april (depending on the weather). It is the best thing I have ever done and I am going to jump as many times as I can everyday the DZ is open. I want to go to flyboyz school so I need to get my license quick! Def a money killer, but don't even think of it that way. The thrill of SKYDIVING is priceless. Good luck and BLUE SKIES! PEACE

"From Wings Came Flight"

This morning was the first time in 9 days that skydiving was not the first thing I thought about when I awoke. But it was a close second. Unfortunately, once I am here and applying for legal residence I cannot leave the country until I have gained permanent status and that takes about a year. So doing any classes would be impossible, as I need to be here in April. Until then, I shall live vicariously through the boards and contain my jealousy until the time comes that I can do it again or someone builds a DZ down here....(hint, hint).

Take care and have fun....

abelizegirl

Oh no, that is awful!!!!!!! I kinda know what it is like since the season here is only from april to october (if we are lucky). I have a high demanding job, so time off for me to go to another DZ in another state is difficult. I feel your pain in a way and really hope that DZ opens for you or that you can get here quicker :0)

"From Wings Came Flight"

Now that it is over and everyone has gone home I am bored out of my gourd, just wandering up and down the beach trying to figure out what to do with myself, lol. I could become a full timer to the sport given the opportunity.

that feeling is pure love.

follow your heart.;)

Last night I was talking to a friend of mine trying to explain the feelings I had during my jumps and I think I more confused him than anything. How do I make someone understand it was abject terror, a total body high, mind blowing freedom, thrilling beyond all measure and easily the most confidence boosting thing I have ever done in my life? He could not get how jumping that first time changed my life. It's like.....I can do anything I put my mind to....I jumped out of an airplane!
I definitely want to do a static line jump next. It is easy to go out the door with a 200lb man harnessed to your back. I want to see if I can propel myself out the door alone. ;)

abelizegirl

There is no way to tell people what it's like. I tried hard for a lot of years. It can't be compared to anything. It can't be described in a way that makes it real. Have your fiend go and make one. Only then can he know what it's like. Sorry I can't help more but thats the truth. There is simply no way. But if you keep telling him how great it was he will probable make one. If you go with,it will make it even better. What is the exact date that you can get out and make one. Oh and what's your name by the way? It would be nice if you could fill out your profile. Thanks.

good luck
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

What is the exact date that you can get out and make one. Oh and what's your name by the way? It would be nice if you could fill out your profile. Thanks.

good luck

I don't have an exact date, but I should be heading back south the first week in April. Once I have sold all my stuff here in the States the faster I get down there, the faster I get started on my new projects. Responsibility versus desire, impulse against obligation. Tough call, lol.

While tandem is great, I can only imagine the rush of being out there on your own the first time.

abelizegirl

Try and think of not just the rush and the feeling, you have complete control too, you might not have the skill to do whatever you like, but you control it, its like driving a sports car being in on a roller coaster and... nah fuck it I have no idea how to describe it :)
Either way sell whatever you own and get doing AFF :)

BOOM Headshot

[reply
Either way sell whatever you own and get doing AFF :)

Already done, lol. My home is on the market, the people from the auction house came yesterday and took all my furniture for Saturdays auction and garage sale items are being toted off to my garage for next weekend. That done, and my car sold, I guess I really will not own a pot to piss in :D.
But with the proceeds I'll bet I can get a pretty good start in this sport, beginning with the AFP course in Playa del Carmen.

I'm still very very new at this awesome sport.

I brought my best friend out to do a tandem, and then a second. After her second jump, she said "Robert, do you think that we are supposed to know this feeling"?

It really hit me how special the place is that you go. The feeling is almost impossible to describe to someone who has never done it...

I am kinda getting miffed that I cannot go right now and do it, but I have to be practical. I am spending hours every night on the safety and general forums, reading old threads and trying to get a fix on things while I bide my time doing the necessary mundane things here. In a month or two I will be on semi-permanent vacation in Belize, and then I can just try it all. Static line, AFP, AFF. I want every week to be a new adventure, lol.
But man.....the urge to run to the nearest DZ and just do another tandem is almost unbearable. Guess I'll just have to make do with sticking my head out the car window at 120mph ;)