EVOL

Pilot Turned Skydiver

greetings all,
just wanted to check in to the forums officially and say whats up.

i have been flying for 2 drop zones in wisconsin for the past 3 years and finally decided to "just do 1 tandem" last year. that lead to me spending all my money getting my A license and now im spending the rest of my money buying equipment. i needed an expensive hobby because i didnt spend enough on my pilot training.......:S.

i have about 55 jumps and i love DZ life. i got the chance to go to lake wales and see the crew record attempts while doing my first casa jump last year (yes i bought beer) and jumped with some cool cats out at mile high CO.

look forward to continuing this love/hate relationship with skydiving and traveling to as many DZs as possible.

Im Out

Sounds like my plan, in reverse. Been skydiving for a couple of years, but I got the chance to take the stick in a cessna 207 a few weeks ago, and now I want to get my pilot's license.

So long, money. Buh-bye.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

i have never flown a PAC but they are sweet planes. i started flying for wolf river skydivers right after i got my commercial license to build hours. they have 2 nice 182s. then i met everyone at skydive midwest and started flying the 182, 206, and king air last year.

Dougiefresh good luck getting into flying. let me know if you have any questions ill try ti answer them for you. im a MEII.

EVOL

Cool, I haven't jumped much in the Milwaukee area but I made it to East Troys Halloween Boogie they held the PAC two plane shot for me while I talked on the cell giving them my progress report as I went along at high speed trying to make it. It turned out well, I made it just in time no one was peeved and I was in from the trail plane before the base was built so I gave them nothing to complain about even after holding the planes for me. I am a com. pilot from Skydive Wissota (also the pres. of the club). I think a bunch of wolf river people made it over to our boogie the week before East Troys. It was a blast. I started out as a pilot only but got a good job started jumping and never looked back. now I L.O. at the WFFC at home and for the last four years have been on Gang Green the top AAA team in the NPSL. So becoming a skydiver has had it positive side. It rules being a jumper. I have more stories about flying jumpers then I can tell in public, so I'll say the same about being a pilot. You should try to make it up during the winter or next spring/summer we should try to make it over to your places in the east soon to. Maybe we will meet in the real world sometime and we can swap stories about both. 3-2-1-see ya
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Kevin my boy, I think perhaps you should refrain from cutting on our pilots. Pilots deserve much more respect then they often times receive and if you look around a little you will most likely see that a large portion of the best jumpers are..., surprise..., Pilots. Pilots understand how we fly and why, not just seat of the pants feel like most jumpers. Maybe your post meant no disrespect towards pilots but it didn't come across that way to me. The definition in your post about pilots being an annoyance really turned me the wrong way. I hope you can see your way clear to apologize to all the pilots who read this post (then I will apologize for being so harsh).

There I got out all my pent up rage and anger and I didn't even rip on your 7 years, 105 jump.

By the way your reserve is a 143R not 142R.
AFB, charter member.

I just felt I needed to apologize for my post yesterday. I got carried away and was a bit aggressive in my response. As a pilot I am defensive when we are painted in a poor light. everyone should treat there pilots well and show them all the love you can without them all we'd have is BASE jumping and not much RW so every body thank there pilot this weekend maybe a hug even a kiss from the girls(even is your pilot is another girl a kiss would be great).
AFB, charter member.

Hear, hear. Indeed, where would be be without pilots? We are of course all lacking that vital component of thrust (pending on further dietary experiments).

You might even say that falling in a controlled fashion aint really flying at all, as fun as it is, gliding at best. :-)

Many thanks go to "Cpt. Cabbage" down at Bridlington DZ. Top bloke, not just the geyser behind the controls. Very much part of the DZ, not merely flying in servitude to us jumpers. Remember to say "thanks for the lift" when you get out next time. :-)

G. :-)