chrisnasa

New to the forums and wanted to say Hi

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forums! You'll find plenty of info here on most topics, just be sure to use the "search" function before you ask as a lot of stuff has been asked and answered before.

Take care out there
PJ

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

B| I guess you've already met Interesting.......I'm New. Welcome....on all levels! A wise man, once said:"Niiiiiiiiiiiiccccce.......aaaaaaaannnnd....slooooowww, see? Dat's.....da waaaaaay.....ya'....dew'it. Niiiiiicccce.....aaaaaaaaaaannnnnd....sloooooowww. Gawd'it?!" Enjoy!
"T'was ever thus."

Hello. welcome to the forums here at DZ.com. I must say the obvious answer to help you improve, is to jump more. 25 jumps per year is not likely to help any, you wont improve at that rate. You may have other issues like money, time or other commitments but you should try to make at least 100 a year to see a marked improvement of any type (and honestly, to be safe). The more coaching you get the better. Time in the tunnel helps but nothing can replace the experience of a good skydive. I hope I don't sound to harsh, I am just being honest and I hope it comes across that way. You sound like you have the right attitude towards jumping I wish you good luck and blue skies.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.

Hi and welcome to the dizzy.com forums.....the forums contain alot of great info and at the same time contain alot of shit info and snobish attitudes (as you have seen in a couple of responces to this thread......)

Take nothing said on the forums as gospel...but use it as a tool to work with your instructors and use common sence in weeding out the BS and then use that info you read here to improve :)

Now onto my rant >:(

Skymama...As a low number skydiver with several years in the sport I am quite dissapointed in your responce to chrisnasa..... for someone who lives in FL with a turbine DZ around every corner and your years in the sport..........picture yourself much farther north with only one C-182 DZ a few hours away....get my point?;)

L.O. ...... I find your comments offensive and to me they show that jump numbers or years in the sport really mean nothing for quality of instruction.

"25 jumps per year is not likely to help any, you wont improve at that rate." .....1st thing you have no idea how many jumps he/she/it did last year...could have been 90 out of the 100 jumps total....2nd... a very big BS to 25 jumps a year wont help someone improve....25 is a hell of alot better then 5 or none....I only did 27 jumps last year...but I improved greatly.....only 6 the previous year...guess what...I still improved...the year 2000...i didnt improve because I didnt jump.

I agree whole heartedly that the more jumps someone does the more they will improve(generally) but to tell someone that just because they are not doing 100 jumps a year and that only doing 25 jumps a year wont help there skills any is pure BS....as a instructor you should be encouraging past accomplishments and suggesting that to perform at the "next level" more jumps would be benifical(renforce what the student already knows...dont shit on them for what they have already accomplished)

"(and honestly, to be safe). " .....so if someone is not doing 100 jumps a year they are not safe :S....so why not just say if your not doing 100 jumps a year get out of the sport?.....do you know him/her/it?....do you know me? or any other person that only does 25 jumps a year?.......have they left you with a overall generalization(spel) that only people doing over that magical number of jumps are safe?

I'll stop here as this is not the forum to vent at snobish skygods....

Hope I didnt sound too harsh;)

Skymama...As a low number skydiver with several years in the sport I am quite dissapointed in your responce to chrisnasa..... for someone who lives in FL with a turbine DZ around every corner and your years in the sport..........picture yourself much farther north with only one C-182 DZ a few hours away....get my point?

Yes, the planes are here but we have bad weather too! The weather keeps blowing my opportunities to jump, including today. For various reasons, I had less than 50 jumps last year. I know my skills didn't improve at all last year and I know my hd skills that I had been working on so hard got worse. I also know the only remedy for that is to get into the sky more. I wasn't putting her down for her lack of experience, I was just stating a fact that all of us know. You can't get better if you don't jump!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

B| I'm throwing myself to the vultures, here but I gotta' agree with DenRen. A lot of pretentiousness, out there. Quality beats quantity but quantity is good, if it's possible.
I remember coming into the packing area, at my dz. I had just landed, from my 94th jump. I walked past my DZO, who was speaking with an AFF student. He stopped me and asked how many "training" jumps I had made. It took me 11 jumps, to complete AFF due to uncontrolled turning....this student was having the same problem. I said "94" and my DZO looked at me, somewhat confused....at first. Then, he smiled and replied "Good answer!" Then he turned to the packing area, full of people and yelled out "See? See? I hope you all heard that! A lot of you can learn, from this guy!" Slightly embarrassing but reassuring.
Numbers really are moot but for some, it's all they've got....humor them. Be cautious but outgoing, learn from all you encounter and experience. Not all things that are relative, to skydiving....are necessarily, "skydiving related". Make the most of every jump, learning can be fun. Again.....Welcome and Enjoy!
"T'was ever thus."