swimfly

"Newbe" Swimfly

Hi everyone. I've now completed 20 jumps, including one with a chute I packed myself. I'm heading out to Skydive Elsinore on the 13th of January with my best friend to complete our jedi training!

I hear the first 100 jumps can get a bit lonely. Nobody in their right minds wants to jump with the newbies, right? Any suggestions?

Fortunately, my buddy and I are at the same level, but I'm not sure it's a good idea for us to jump together at this level.

-Brian Newbegin (My friends call me "Newbe".. how fitting!)

Nice one man! I just said that the other day! I finished my AFF and did my jumps but it was boring! I had such a cool AFF instructor that when my solo came I was alone! Now I need to a shit load of jumps to go with anyone else. Looking forward to jumping with friends! Big Smiles!!!!!!

At my home DZ they told me to not be afraid to ask experienced jumpers to go with me. When someone's got a few thousand jumps, they may find going with a noob and teaching them something new to be fun.

I'm heading to Z-hills in Feb to finish my A:)

Hey Jumpah, I'm a Mainah 'riginally! Gawddammah!

(sorry for the inside joke for those who are not from New England)

Good luck in February. To keep current, you'll have to do a jump with an instructor once, right? Cool.. at least you get to jump with someone!

Welcome to the forums! :)
Don't go up to someone who is obviously jumping with the same group over and over. They most likely have their own thing going on that day. Look for people in the packing tent who are jumping with different people, people who aren't with a group or just regular ol' friendly people .I'm sure you'll find someone.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Heh heh... Nice try Mark. You guys ROCK out at Skydive Elsinore!!

Yeh, we figure Mandy is good for at least one jump per weekend with us.. depending on how good Stephane has been during the week. I don't think we could submit her to 5 belly jumps a day!

You going to be around next weekend? Stephane and I have a couple quizzes to take! (I'm seeing BEER in your future B|)

Nobody in their right minds wants to jump with the newbies, right? Any suggestions?

Bribery? Stand in the middle of the packing area and loudly announce that you have a beer (or a six-pack,
a case, or if you really flail a lot, a keg) for anybody who will jump with you. This works especially well on
Sunday afternoon, when people are starting to think about the beer light and remembering that they drank
all their beer on Saturday night. Bonus points if you are in a backwards state where it isn't possible to get
real beer on Sunday.

:)

Eule
(who will hopefully be faced with this dilemma himself soon)
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

The 13th that is tomm. have fun..Your right it is a bit lonely up there I REALLY know as I only have 2 jumps down Static line especially if you miss the DZ when you land..lol..Hopefully saturday at the DZ in Nome,Tx I won't feel so lonely When I actually make the DZ..lol..

Have always wanted to be a social butterfly but now I have the wind beneath my feet.

***especially if you miss the DZ when you land..lol..

:D:DYou can't make the dz next time, Missy. You've got one more neighbor to meet remember...so just go christen their farm and then go up in the plane again and land at the dz!

It was seriously funny watching Rocke have one of his FREAK OUT moments when you landed across the highway....and it was great to know that for once it wasn't me he was having the FREAK OUT moment about!

See ya soon!
Mrs. WaltAppel

All things work together for good to them that love God...Romans 8:28

Bring the :D before you guys take the quizzes.
....you might pass. >:(

I'll have to remember the beer next time i head down there... and a diet coke i owe you for not doing my chest strap correctly. ... or was that for when i didnt turn my cypress on? haha.
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

....or the altimeter you dropped. :D

I didnt drop it... it umm, defied gravity, and stayed in its place, while the univers moved around it, causing the ground to bump into it whilst it stayed in its place?

I'l be heading to skydiveelsinore this thurs the 19, pending the clouds. good times ahead! and i am broke!!!
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

You guys can come to Georgia anytime...you will NOT be jumping alone unless you really want to...you will be invited and sometimes even hijacked onto a formation jump or two....we have coaches out the ying-yang who will wear your ass out jumping with you...

Welcome to the skyies:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239