colinl

Wooohoo I jumped!

... or rather, I didn't get the choice ;-)
I got a tandem jump on Saturday for my birthday, another crazy idea of my girlfriend... It's so hard to describe! I don't know if this happens on every jump but we did a whole roll, so I saw the earth, then the plane, then the earth; kind of strange! and then I thought I'd be counting seconds until my TM opened, but I didn't, in fact it's true that it doesn't feel like falling when there are no references... and the silence after opening is almost deafening :)
Did I already say it was great? Now all I've got to do is to manage to take it off my head, or I'll soon face new financial problems and even more lack of time.

I've put the photos online here, http://www.colino.net/photos/index.php?galerie=Parachute
Surprisingly enough, I don't look that scared! Do I?

Sorry, but you won't be able to get it out of your head! It only takes one time to become addicted. (:

I only did my first jump a few weeks ago, and since then all I do is talk about skydiving, think about skydiving, and dream about skydiving. And when I'm at work, I spend most of my time surfing DZ.com. (:

Great photos, by the way! Where did you jump? And when are you jumping again? :P

Skymama: Yes, I'd really love to! though I'll have to wait a bit, for stupid money-based reasons ;-)
My girlfriend didn't do it yet... But it really looked like she badly wanted to jump in the next plane after I landed. So, I guess she's going to have it for her birthday too, in March - even though that won't be much of a surprise!

mmytascism: Yes, it's really hard to think about something else ! highly addictive, indeed... I jumped in Pamiers in France (I live near to it in Toulouse), I think there are one or two forum posters here that know this place. The photos are great, that's right, so is the video... The videoman was a really nice guy (as was the TM, by the way). As we jumped last from the plane, after 8 other guys, we were a bit far away from the landing zone, and while we opened at 1500 (meters) and got plenty of time to fly around and come back at the correct place, the videoman, who opened at 900 (I think, maybe 1000...), landed too far away and had to be taken back to the landing zone by car :-)

I can't wait to show the video to my parents. They happen to live far away and were already scared when they learnt I'd do it... Now I can't wait to see their face when I fall off the plane! :ph34r:

Congratulations!

Now all I've got to do is to manage to take it off my head, or I'll soon face new financial problems
and even more lack of time.

It's not that bad. Out of the 28 weeekends since I started jumping in June, I've only been at the
dropzone for 24 of them. And at US$1 = €0.83, I've only spent about €WARNING: Floating point
overflow at line 37
so far.

Surprisingly enough, I don't look that scared! Do I?

I think that this picture http://www.colino.net/photos/index.php?galerie=Parachute&snimek=78 shows a full range of emotions -
see attached. :)

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Congratulations!
It's not that bad. Out of the 28 weeekends since I started jumping in June, I've only been at the
dropzone for 24 of them. And at US$1 = €0.83, I've only spent about €WARNING: Floating point
overflow at line 37
so far.

Really? sounds like a lot ;)

see attached. :)

Looks like the photographer got a nice one on this one, 2 people out of four making strange faces :)

hi colin,
get your girlfriend a tandem then both learn to skydive together!! you will be able to buy each other skydiving stuff for birthdays/christmas.... endless possiblities!
also, if you learn to skydive and she doesnt then you will always want to go skydiving and she will get jealous :S
i had a boyfriend when i did my tandem, but afterwards when i couldnt stop talking about it, he disappeared pretty quick- best for both of us B|

You should get your girl to go with you! Not just for ease of gift giving either. Come night fall and the dz bonfire, your girl will be havin fun with you, typically it's more fun that way. (i've noticed that a dz party is kinda like a party on a pirate ship B|)
Blue Skies All
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

Congrats!
Did my first AFF 12/29/04 Exactly one year later i made 3 jumps on my own rig to make it an even 70 jumps in my first year. Absolutley addicting, i think i sold my soul somewhere over the past year to pay for everything but i know it was worth it. Keep jumping, if you can get your girlfriend to train with you and stuff too thatd be awesome, itll really help your training progress to have a friend with you. Also, itll help her understand why skydiving is all you ever talk think/talk about other than sex... My family cant stop telling me to shut up and stop showing them videos enough times, it keeps happening (i spare them the sex) Anyway, scrounge up some funds, after you get the training out of the way and your own gear its gets a little cheaper. You've joined the club of obsessive jumpers, life just ain't gonna be the same. Clear skies buddy!
So there I was...

Making friends and playing nice since 1983

I sure want to hook her up with a tandem. Then when she'll have a job we should be able to pursue on this. Right now I only should try to stop thinking about it because I'm completely broke :))

Hey, it's done! Clo jumped this afternoon and she loved it :) (the avi is 65 megas)
I feel that we're going to go back and learn to skydive by ourselves!