Firephoto

New here and saying hi

well, hi everyone I just thought I would say hi. I am looking forward to my first jump in one week.
I am so bored here in Arkansas and my wife keeps saying I need to find a hobby so here I am.
I will probably ask a ton of questions between now and next week so I am sorry in advance.
well, nice meeting everyone. Hope to talk to you all soon.

as opposed to, for example, all-consuming obsession

damn I am more afraid of that happening than the actual jump part. I am already broke and I am easily addicted to things( smoking, gambling, drinking the list goes on and on)
oh well don't want to count my chickens yet I may cry like a little girl and land with the plane.

Dude

You are so hosed:S:S You will be finding thing around the house to sell so you can go jumping. I myself have sold off my golf clubs, my climbing gear is next (know anyone who climbs and needs gear?), then my paintball stuff. It never ends!!!

Have fun!!!!
Kevin

Blue Skies and Stand-up Landings!!!!!!

...finding thing around the house to sell...It never ends!!!

True story
Guy wanted to get into skydiving so badly that he brought in his Xbox and games, a TV, a couch, a refrigerator and some other stuff and begged the DZO to take them in trade for FJC and an AFF Level 1 jump....he's now licensed and even got a car so that he doesn't have to hitchhike or beg rides to the DZ.

Firephoto, my concern is wifey...how is she going to handle living in an empty house when all your worldy goods are now owned by the DZ?:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Welcome to the forums! :)

I am so bored here in Arkansas and my wife keeps saying I need to find a hobby so here I am.

I think you better get that in writing from her. Once she finds out how expensive and time consuming skydiving can be, she might have a few complaints! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

well thanks everyone for the welcome.
The wife is really pretty cool with it. We have been together for a while even while I was a out of work photographer living at the firehouse and spending every waking moment there. She has learned when I was a firefighter to share me with others.
Plus it is her fault I am here. SHE joined the Air Force (even after I told her all my scary military stories about the Marines) and MADE me move here and leave my friends and my job so this is kinda payback too. LOL
Thanks again

Welcome aboard! Being a newbie myself, you'll quickly find that the people here are true friends and are willing to answer any questions you have. Just remember, there is no such thing as a stupid question!!! The weather here in Kansas is pretty similar to Arkansas, so hopefully you'll get lots of clear winter skies!! Stay safe and blue skies!:)

Which DZ are you jumping at? I'm also really new to the sport, and I'd love to meet up with some other students in the area. All of my skydiving buddies are WAY experienced, so I'm a bit of an oddity with them at times. It's cool, but they don't always remember what it feels like to start out jumping.

PM me if you'd ever like to meet up one weekend at your DZ. I've jumped primarily at CAPC, but I'm open to trying out other ones in the area. (I've been thinking of heading to Siloam Springs recently. It's been long enough since I jumped that I wouldn't mind going through the FJC again if needed.)

HOLY $%# that was a lot of fun. Well, I didn't get to go on Saturday as planned and I didn't get to jump twice like I wanted to but it was freaking awesome. I got to go yesterday (monday) and had the time of my life. Sure I don't remember anything from letting go of the strut until the parachute opened but after that it was really the coolest thing I have ever done and I really can't wait until the next time I get to go. I had a great weekend and the jump on monday really made the whole thing perfect. well, I will talk to everyone soon.

Oh yeah let me just say freaking awesome one more time. Ok I am done.

Welcome, if you are jumping regularly by next summer I should see you at the DZ when I take my vacation. I did my first jump at CAPC Good folks to jump with! If you are into outdoor activities Arkansas is a great place to be you are only 45 miles from the Lake. Good motorcycling, mountain biking, hiking, then there's always hunting and fishing.

Wow, sorry to ask about something un-skydive related! But wife in the airforce...I'm thinking of joing the British Army to become a pilot once I've finished my degree! Or joing the logistics corp because then I might get the chance to do some skydiving!

Ok it was only a matter of time till I mentioned skydiving...bloody awesome...careful with the cash though, now working three jobs whilst doing a full-time degree so I can cover my expenses to go to Spain and get qualified out there on an AFF course!

Good luck and have fun...